World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, an enjoyable day out in favourable conditions, with lots of sunshine and good looking water, but the action was very slow. Managed to gather a few crabs for bait, and headed out with two lite rods to one of my favourite flattie marks. Simple two hook flapper rigs with size 1/0 crab hooks. High tide was at 13.30 hrs so fished from 09.30 when the tide started running until I packed up at 15.30. Not a touch for the first two hours, then at last a good rattle. Delighted to find I had just landed my first flounder in excess of 2 lb. this year. A nice plump fish which weighed 2 LB. 3 OZ. Organism Fish Electric blue Tail Sole Into the ebb then got another at 1lb. 13 oz. and lastly a wee one at 14oz. Never seen another shore angler today, although there were quite a few small craft heading in the direction of Heston

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
well done on the cracking flounder jack!,
certainly was a nice day to be down at the shore.
is this not the season when the bigger flounders usualy come in?
will have to have a go at them myself

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well done on the cracking flounder jack!,
certainly was a nice day to be down at the shore.
is this not the season when the bigger flounders usualy come in?
will have to have a go at them myself
Aye, good time for the big ones down this way. Big and fat before off to spawn late Nov. or early Dec. depending on the frosts.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
nice :fish: dab hand

just the 2lb 3oz aye well another 6oz to go lol

was on the top off the hill at 10am and i did say to myself " my that waters looking good" but alas had to go hame and pine :bye2:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice fish but aint all days fishing enjoyable
No!
It aint enjoyable on a cold wet freezing day, in the depth of winter when you you walk three miles to your mark, and discover your wellies are leaking and that you have left your bait at home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No!
It aint enjoyable on a cold wet freezing day, in the depth of winter when you you walk three miles to your mark, and discover your wellies are leaking and that you have left your bait at home.
lol did you catch any fish that day then:cold:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts