World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A day off work, so off I went to Pevensey bay. Not had a beach session without my brother (paulolo) for ages. That means I have to write my own report. Here goes started fishing about 1pm, low tide about 4:30. The sea was dissapointingly flat, expected more surf after the blows we've had recently, the weather was warm and sunny....which was nice. Set up two rods one scratching rig with lug and the other a pulley rig with 4/0 hook and baited with a squid and lug cocktail. About half hour in the first bite on the scratching rig resulted in an 8 inch pout, nothing to get exited about but, I could breath easy now that I hadn't blanked. After another half hour same again, could've been twins. All went quiet until just after low tide and then two small plaice in quick succession. Twenty minutes later a good pull down on the pulley rig and then slack line, I lifted the rod and started reeling in. As the line tightened it felt like all I had was the lead, and then as it came into the shallows it started to fight a bit. I reeled in to find a l lively little bass on the hook, 39cms 1lb 6oz. This was shortly followed by another bass of around 30 cm. Unfortunately it was now time for me to head home for dinner. Had a really enjoyable afternoon in the sunshine. Heading out again tomorrow with big bruv. I'll probably be outfished again. He seems to be on a roll lately. Gotta be in it to win it, (or come last)
Tight lines,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice afternoons fishing Jamie at least you had a few fish. Back to the usual with Paul tomorrow then.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Great report lil bro. Good practice session for later today. Cya just after 1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.