World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one for you all - Having got ourselves reasonably well sorted with kit and enjoying a fair bit of success fish wise - Bass - dogs - pollack etc - No blank trips yet. What are the best tips that the old hands have found that keeps the deck space clear and tackle / anchor ropes and kit tidy in a small boat? You know the sort of thing - "I wouldn't be without". eg. I wouldn't be without the little velcro patch on the Cuddy top to stick my flare pack down within easy reach. OTY

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
CSX355, go to "Poundstretcher" & get yourself a couple of "clipdown" plastic storage boxes, you can pile all those "indispensable" items in there, keep them dry & rust free until they are needed.
Another tip, carpet the floor! it will get wet & rot quite quickly, but it is easily replaced & it stops things & people sliding about on the wet floor, & it helps keep the noise down when you drop stuff!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Forgot to say put your anchor warp into a 5gall plastic drum with the top cut off, (or bigger if you have a lot of warp), that saves it tangling up, or worse still you having your foot in it when you "sling your hook"
blueskip

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant - Poundstretcher - tips perhaps we should put a limit of a tenner on them. Any More?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Save the old grubby cutting boards fom the kitchen and use them on the boat for bait boards.

Get some stainless spring clips and short lengths of rope, attatch a spring clip to one end and secure the other to side of boat. Get into habit of clipping your rod on if you put it down.

At the end of the day clip the baitboard onto one of these lines and throw it overboard. Self cleaning on the run home.

Take some fresh water out with you if you are lure fishing. Finished with a lure dunk it in freshwater and leave out to dry. Stops the hooks rusting.

If you take a mobile with you put it in a Zip Lock plastic bag. Stops any salt getting in it.

If you ever float fish take a few thin elastic bands with you. Tie one round your main line and snip off the excess. Really quick and easy stop for a sliding float that will go through rings and wind on reel easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts