World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I just happened to say...................what about a small boats weekend on the West Coast on 11/12 August, who'd be interested in bringing their vessel along?

Option A - Launch from saltcoats harbour and fish around Pladda at the south end of Arran (15 miles away).

Option B - Lochaline. Ferry slipway, camping, hostel and hotel nearby. Fantastic fishing including skate, but a 120 mile drive from Glasgow including 10 sh1tty miles on the A82 from Tarbet to Inverarnan.

Would anyone be interested in making this a fundraiser for the RNLI? If so, how would we best approach the fundraising? I may have the possibility of donated prizes from a large tackle co.

I've posted here initially just to gauge the interest. I know a lot of people don't look at the "meets" section unless they are going to something.

Any takers apart from the good ship Ticketty Boo II! ?????????:boat: :boat: :boat:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

What are we classing as a small boat :D

I'd be up for the LA trip, the Pladda one is just a tad too far for me :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's always room for the "Mother ship" Davy. I'm thinking of "feeder" boats - like the one that brought your grub out to you at Easter?

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
hiya,

woohoo food delivery system.. oh yer I can go for that :)

Lobsterkid.. don't worry about water knowledge.. it's as wet as it is else where :D

seriously don't worry about that there will be plenty of advice given on the area.

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

Sultz you have a place on mine if you want it for the weekend :)

Mcdad.. Lochaline is half way up the Sound of Mull on the North shore. You can catch just about anything but it's mainly Common Skate, Conger, Thornies , Small spurs, LSD, Pollack and mackies. It's mostly deep water fishing (400') and your boat will be more than capable.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Is a wilson flyer 6M with 50 horse motor suitable? And (Excuse my ignorance) where is Lochaline, and what can we catch?
think of travelling along farm roads youll get the general idea,not mutch traffic but plenty of live stock,single track with passing places,and hills.

but deep water and anything goes cod on the west coast is not what ur after

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
if any of you boys need a crew count me in and funds for the rnli top idea:boat: :boat:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wah: :wah: :wah:
Lindy's just informed me that we are down at Luce bay that weekend :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wah: :wah: :wah:
Lindy's just informed me that we are down at Luce bay that weekend :( :( :( :((
suppose you,ll just have to console yourself with loads of tope an a few species then , and of course spiky skate baits :secret: :secret:

·
Registered
881 Posts
hi gordon, and what about plan c ,luce bay ,port logan water not to deep and kids can catch a few nice fish before they go back to school, places to stay the clashwannon, hotel in drummore ,i like ma camping so would stay at sands of luce.fund raising fiver a raffle ticket ,winner gets to shave ma heed and eyebrows,like you say ideas to pass back and forth, also be a good venue for a lot of the shore guys as well ,tope from the shore and all that, the more there are the bigger the funds raised mibbe, ma 2 bobs worth .
cheers ian, team mordag.:) :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lindy's just informed me that we are down at Luce bay that weekend
Don't worry Davy, I'm sure that Catchalot will still enjoy herself :unsure: :blink: :clap2:

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would be up for the Lochaline option as Ayrshire is a bit far for me to bring my Orkney 520, will have room on board for two other anglers if any one is interested?

·
Registered
876 Posts
If I just happened to say...................what about a small boats weekend on the West Coast on 11/12 August, who'd be interested in bringing their vessel along?

Option A - Launch from saltcoats harbour and fish around Pladda at the south end of Arran (15 miles away).

Option B - Lochaline. Ferry slipway, camping, hostel and hotel nearby. Fantastic fishing including skate, but a 120 mile drive from Glasgow including 10 sh1tty miles on the A82 from Tarbet to Inverarnan.

Would anyone be interested in making this a fundraiser for the RNLI? If so, how would we best approach the fundraising? I may have the possibility of donated prizes from a large tackle co.

I've posted here initially just to gauge the interest. I know a lot of people don't look at the "meets" section unless they are going to something.

Any takers apart from the good ship Ticketty Boo II! ?????????:boat: :boat: :boat:
sounds like a great idea and for a more than worthy cause ,however it would require alot of advertising and not just on the site!:clap3:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, hopefully i'll be able to take part, all going well....

what ideas have we got for fundraising?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts