World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping someone would be able to suggest a small multiplier reel, I'll be using it to cast small 2/3 inch live bait a maximum of 15/20 feet, I'll be using it with a short medium weight spinning rod, fishing for fish which need to be able to take the bait and run, so am I right in saying it needs incorporate a ratchet? Also I take it one with a level wind option would also be preferable? I've seen multipliers used with kayak rods, would one of those be suitable? Oh, I almost forgot preferably left hand wind!

If anyone can shed some light, offer advice, or ideas I would much appreciate it as, I'm sure my terminology indicates, I'm still very green when it comes to sea fishing!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Find a sweedish 4601 or 5601 I'd suggest or a low profile USA style baitcaster like a Quantum Accurist. Ratchet could be handy for what you

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
I have a as new daiwa advantage 153hstla here 10 bearings mags lhw supertuned with about 250m of nanofil on it, bought on a whim from USA, 1 slight mark on the outside, may sell it

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
...been using it on a 6ft jerkbait type rod its got level wind an a paddle spool release on the rear best to look it up

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Find a sweedish 4601 or 5601 I'd suggest or a low profile USA style baitcaster like a Quantum Accurist. Ratchet could be handy for what you
Thanks, the Abu is more along the lines of what I had in mind, but sooo hard to find! Can't seem to find anything that small with a ratchet, but I have fished this way before using a baitcaster with some success, but just struggled casting any distance

·
Registered
57 Posts
Diawa proteus multiplier. Great reels, I have a couple for kayak, pike and lure fishing.

Solid build and has a ratchet. About 60 -70 quid

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
bigger than your asking but have a llok at the akios range

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shimano Caenan - or any of the small baitcasters, but i know the caenan comes in a LH version.
Star drag as well.
Bounced well across the rocks of Madeira and came back ok.id get one again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts