World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well I've been meaning to fish Langney point for a while now. Went down on Monday on that glorious day we had.
Just the wrapped lug on three hook flappers and loop rigs.
Fished from just after low to an hour before high tide. Only 2 plaice but I was happy with those small ones. They didn't seem too washed out this close to spawning. I know there have been better catches here but can't complain.
I did miss a really thumping fish though that took me in to the rocks and snagged. Haven't had that gut wrenching feeling in my stomach for a while now but it was my fault as I just played around enjoying the fight.
Having done a bit of research and speaking to a few people I made this little mark guide that hopefully might help someone fishing here for the first time.
Casting at distance worked best when the tide started to shift a bit.
Lots to learn as usual but a good venue when it's not crowded.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Have fished Langney point fairly regularly over the years and usually find a fish or two with some good specimens on occasion. Useful guide for those who don’t know the area, although I would say you don’t always need to focus on the point/harbour end to catch. There are plenty of decent fish caught all the way along the beaches from Eastbourne Redoubt to the point. Just need to keep an eye open for boat cables on some beaches on the approach to the point. Can be a bit snaggy adjacent to the outfall station on the point. Some free roadside parking available in some areas along this stretch, but does get busy in summer.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm looking forward to being down there again in febuary...enjoyed watching the informative video again.
I know where to get my rag at Tony's tackle after finding the shop last year!
Be taking a 1-3oz travel sea rod and will be trying to do better than my small but enjoyable flounders last visit....love it down there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts