World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
Go screwfix, or b an q if ur feeling rich an get some pipe lagging stuff, its dark grey, an just cutem urself, v v v cheap

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I like the look of those as they would take up less space but would the fit in the box with a rig with swivels and biggish hooks etc?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Poundland also do the pipe lagging stuff, and also a 'swimming noodle' in the summer that is slightly larger diameter. I got a double-height CD folder, took out the disc holder sleeves and it takes three or four lengths of foam, get up to six rigs each on them, depending how tidily they're wrapped, up to 5/0 hooks. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Poundland also do the pipe lagging stuff, and also a 'swimming noodle' in the summer that is slightly larger diameter. I got a double-height CD folder, took out the disc holder sleeves and it takes three or four lengths of foam, get up to six rigs each on them, depending how tidily they're wrapped, up to 5/0 hooks. Hope that helps!
Any chance of a photo?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Righty then, here's the pipe-lagging and CD wallet option:
The grey stuff it the pipe lagging, about 3.5 cm diameter, and the pink stuff is the swimming noodle, about 4.5cm diameter.
The hooks in the front row are in the 3/0 - 5/0 range and on short 2-3 foot rigs. The rig with the coloured beads in the the back row is a three-hook paternoster, and about 6 foot in length, just to give you an idea of how they fit on the rolls of foam. Maybe 6 per section is ambitious if you are as untidy as me! I seem to have settled on 4 or 5.
You can see the grey stuff is split, and that holds the main swivel of the rig quite handily. Using the pink stuff, I just push the swivel in or trap it when winding.
Using a line that straightens out when given a light stretch is an advantage.
I'm now keeping an eye out for a small CD wallet, for when I want to grab a small bag of gear and travel light and harass the fish for just an hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
All clear now, thanks rha. You've made me think - the mini winders would probably fit inside the pockets in my rig wallet. I've two empty rig wallets so might give it a go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts