World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So guys I haven't posted for a long time for certain reasons but I do miss this forum and thought I'd share that some times it's worth taking a chance. That is exactly what I done and it paid off I beat my pb couches Bream by 3lb a absolute stonking fish of 8lb on the nose a new club record and coming in at 260 % we had more of these absolute bullies of the reef along with everything else including blonde Ray in abundance conger spur dogs to over 20lb ling conger and plenty of black Bream not massive but good enough for the table here are a few photos
Water Boat Sky Cloud Smile

Water Outerwear Sky Cloud Boat

Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Striper bass

Water Sky Cloud Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Sky Fish Cloud Jacket

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Good to see some proper fish!

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
That's amazing!!!!Welldone fella!!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate yeah it was more than we expected just to see these magnificent fish is a bonus but we didn't expect to see them on this scale I'm more for going for a gamble on fish like these than trying for pollack and cod that aren't there and I reckon this is something to look forward to

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great fishing....I've never had couches over a pound. Do you mind sharing what bait ?
They love squid mate long stripes or even whole smaller squid 6ft long 50lb flouro as the couches have a massive set of teeth I use 4 small red beads above a 3/0 mustard hooligan hook

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
I am told there's a few caught round here and I know the marks but I fear the cuckoo's would take some getting through!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I am told there's a few caught round here and I know the marks but I fear the cuckoo's would take some getting through!!!
They have to be near us somewhere, as I've caught plenty of small ones while after Gilts. Also had small Black bream. Problem every year is finding the time to put in on a new species, when we could be after Bass :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
They have to be near us somewhere, as I've caught plenty of small ones while after Gilts. Also had small Black bream. Problem every year is finding the time to put in on a new species, when we could be after Bass :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
On the reef between the rock and the bell in my bay apparently,like you say alot of time could be taken up in prospecting!!! Not seen any "chads" for years!!!

Reactions: bass912

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hey John yeah I no it's been a long time but hey hope all is well mate been a long time but will post more regularly now
Great report Biffo - some smashing fish! 🎣🎣👍👍

I was only asking John a few weeks ago if he knew how you were. Last I heard you were going to let me know when you were going down to west hoe with your lad again! 👍👍

1 - 20 of 22 Posts