World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smashed my pb smut of 8lb the other night forgot wen it was qwick sesion started at 10.30 fished till it started to get light 1st cast i had a small smut around 4lb good start 2nd cast crab was smashed nothing on around 11.30 it happend huge bite struck into a big smut of 9lb 7oz on a whole 4ich across the back softie crab talking about rasing the bar or what this smut was taken on my shimano vengence surf and abu 6500 ct flordia mag loadid with 20lb ultima gold no shock leader as it wass very weedy and i wouldnt of been able to get this fish in . 4oz grip lead rig was a clipdown with a 5/0 sakuma hook oh yeah casting style over head thump went around 125 yards was taken as the tide was coming in shore caught realesed after a pic wasnt herld in i put it back gently into the water and waited for it to recover and swim of always look after these fish the pic does not do this fish justice it was wieghd by my mate who is in st goreges club and wighed with with his berkly scales
heres the pic of the 9lb 7oz smothound

P

·
0 Posts
well done on your pb......:clap3:
a useful tip when taking pictures of fish at night....
make sure the angler holding the fish has his/hers headlight turned off!
this will improve the picture big time..lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah forgot i had it on lol i was buzzing and wanted to get the fish back in the sea as qwick as posible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts