World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need urgent help guys!

I left some filleted bass in the fridge last Saturday night (caught during the day) and majority eaten on Sunday at barbi - last fillets removed Monday but cannot get rid of smell in fridge - wife going bonkers at me!!
Whole thing been emptied and scrubbed with antibacterial spray etc but once door is closed the smell re appears.
Does anybody know any old house wife tricks or tips - help greatly appreciated before wife demands a new fridge:bangin: and a husband!!
Steve.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yep 100% with soucer of vinigar!
the acid seems to absorb the nastys
do it now! got too be quicker than packing your stuff
and legging it!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep 100% with soucer of vinigar!
the acid seems to absorb the nastys
do it now! got too be quicker than packing your stuff
and legging it!
cheers guys - white vinegar in there now !!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi,

It might not be the fridge that is smelling. It's possible that some other items of food that you have in your fridge has taken on the fish odours and until they are removed you will still have a fishy smell.

regards

Drew

·
Registered
153 Posts
Trade it in.......

Then you will be able to keep anything you like in the fridge!!!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Need urgent help guys!

I left some filleted bass in the fridge last Saturday night (caught during the day) and majority eaten on Sunday at barbi - last fillets removed Monday but cannot get rid of smell in fridge - wife going bonkers at me!!
Whole thing been emptied and scrubbed with antibacterial spray etc but once door is closed the smell re appears.
Does anybody know any old house wife tricks or tips - help greatly appreciated before wife demands a new fridge:bangin: and a husband!!
Steve.
Tell her it will be impossible to ever remove the smell and as you feel sooo guilty you will buy her a new fridge and therefore you then have this one all to yourself for your bait :spiteful:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BAIT???? !!!:headhurt:
Sod that, I'd have it full of beer.:bounce:
the vinegar worked a treat guys - fridge is built into kitchen so having it all to myself did cross my mind for bait but too much hassle - mrs love's me again - until next time!!
Steve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts