World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps. Looking to bag a smooth hound to knock off the species list. Can anyone recommend a mark that fairly regularly produces these fish. I don't mind travelling if need be, but somewhere in Cornwall or Devon would be ideal. Many thanks.

·
Registered
737 Posts
keep an eye on the welsh posts i know its a fair drive but when they are in here the sport can be hecktic and fun good marks are east/west aberthaw and all the coastline up to sker rock.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the info. I don't mind driving up to Wales if necessary, but I would like to be reasonably sure of a catch (although nothing in fishing is a sure thing). What is the best time of year to try and could you recommend any rigs etc. Is it correct that crab is the only bait worth trying for smoothies? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
weeverboy said:
Thanks guys. Crab on a pulley rig after dark it is then.
hi weaverboy i catch hounds at branscombe beach fishing it this weekend sat night allways catch them on soft back crab works the best will let you no what its like next week :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Weaverboy,

I have a mark that regularly provides me and my fishing partner with half a dozen doubles in a session next weekend is the best tide in the series you can only fish the mark successfully 6 tides a year if you fancy giving it a go drop me a PM the mark is in Hampshire and thats all I'll say on here sorry fella's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
ive seen smooth hound caught on rag wormgood size fish too so dont be blinded into thinking peeler is the be all and end all bait keep your opptions open:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts