World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for an early evening trip into the solent last night to fish high tide down to low tide. I had a few peelers frozen so thought i would give them a go. It was very quiet over high water but once the ebb started i got bites consistantly.

I started with a few pups ranging from 1lb to 3lb then the beast in the photo smashed into my crab. Charged towards me and did not really know it was hooked until the last 20 meters. Sets my new pb at 8.5lb had a few more pups then a small dropback bite and wound down into a beast. It made 2 good lunges and took 20yards of line each time. played it down to the beach edge and gave a really good scrap. When got it in the edge of the surf and went to grab it, a large wave broke and it made a dash for freedom and snapped the hooklength. Must have been at least a double was a good 4ft long

Well it was a good trip with 9 hounds in total, with a Pb and a second fish that would have achieve my target for the year if i had not been a monkey landing the thing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Went for an early evening trip into the solent last night to fish high tide down to low tide. I had a few peelers frozen so thought i would give them a go. It was very quiet over high water but once the ebb started i got bites consistantly.

I started with a few pups ranging from 1lb to 3lb then the beast in the photo smashed into my crab. Charged towards me and did not really know it was hooked until the last 20 meters. Sets my new pb at 8.5lb had a few more pups then a small dropback bite and wound down into a beast. It made 2 good lunges and took 20yards of line each time. played it down to the beach edge and gave a really good scrap. When got it in the edge of the surf and went to grab it, a large wave broke and it made a dash for freedom and snapped the hooklength. Must have been at least a double was a good 4ft long

Well it was a good trip with 9 hounds in total, with a Pb and a second fish that would have achieve my target for the year if i had not been a monkey landing the thing
Nice fish! Where did you fish?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
nice smutt, where did you fish hillhead or warsash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts