World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Been Reading This Months Sea Angler And It Mentions Smooth Hounds At Sully And Marcross To Crab Has Anybody Caught Or Heard Of Any Comming Out (to Shore Anglers Not Boats).

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Just Been Reading This Months Sea Angler And It Mentions Smooth Hounds At Sully And Marcross To Crab Has Anybody Caught Or Heard Of Any Comming Out (to Shore Anglers Not Boats).
Not yet mate its a bit early but when they do arrive you will hear soon enough cos they usually arrive all together (not as individual fish) and the word spreads throughout the angling fraternity pretty damn quick.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Caught a 7lbsmoothhound off the right hand side of Sully Island in my small boat last September. I know you didnt want to know about boat catches but I was so close to the Island you could have cast there. Very rough ground though and not sure what the chances of getting your gear back would be. Might be ok with rotten bottoms.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi azzy the first place for the hounds to show mate will be monknash i have had them there towards the end of may on the big tides on the rough rock marks tight lines

·
Registered
30 Posts
We picked out 2 decent fish last year just off Cardiff foreshore, on the boat though but I wouldn't be supprised if they turn up on the shore soon. Just goes to show the water is getting cleaner.

KK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts