World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its that time of the year to start seriously fishing for them so next set of decent tides it looks like east aberthaw is going to see me and the boys giving it a go. dai your welcome as long as you bring the bait ,poach give you a call when we have had a few(dont want to curse the first couple of seshes) only joking your more than welcome to join us just make sure you bring plenty of coffee,marcus your included in the trip just make sure you bring the leads. so that means all i got to carry is my rod,rigs bitof end tackle,stand and waterproofs ,hang on better bring her indoors to carry the rods dont want to over exert myself do i.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
As long as you guys don't mind could I tag along

I aint fished there before but as seen in my posts I gotta get some smoothies and aberthaw is the placeto do it

Might be better for me to got there with people who fished there before

As long as no one mind of course?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont mind at all give you a pm when we go you can bring the waterproofs,at this rate i wont have to carry anything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
:D If you don't mind the company any chance i could come too....... ??

Never fished there before but fancy giving it a go, I do love those smothies what a fight....

what sort of gear are you lookig at to fish there, I know it's rough ground but is it a lead a cast rotten bottom/ 25lb main line sort of thing ??

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will put a post up next week some time and then we can all sort something out .
its not as bad as everyone makes out yes you do lose a number of leads but if you use a rotten bottom it seems to cut down on the rig loses.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
FishBoy said:
:D If you don't mind the company any chance i could come too....... ??

Never fished there before but fancy giving it a go, I do love those smothies what a fight....

what sort of gear are you lookig at to fish there, I know it's rough ground but is it a lead a cast rotten bottom/ 25lb main line sort of thing ??
Fishboy looks like we wont have to try out Aberthaw on our own after all

·
Registered
9 Posts
me and a mate tried there last week didnt see any smoothies but my mate had a 3 pound codling on a peeler .jammy b*****d. didnt go in front of car park walked about half a mile to the left

·
Registered
287 Posts
nat might be up for that . depends on when .
don't think i can suply all the crab for everyone. the back won't take it . iwill try though , tides wrong for this weak with work and that .

there were 3 caught on the rough at monknash last weak to 6lb .

·
Registered
331 Posts
yes i know cant wait talking to the guy in bobs tackle and he said they were down there the other day and he landed 7 and lost another 5 so they are there east aberthaw will be seing a bit of me and barrel reef soon as hes addicted to catching them

·
Registered
331 Posts
do you know what size tides are best to fish aberthaw i would like to catch a double figure fish off the shore my biggest so far is a 4lb small eyed ray the other day from monknash

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.hoping to give abethaw a try a week sat in the night weather permiting so let you all know when the day gets nearer give you all plenty of notice so you can all get your leads and crabs ready.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
poach your quiet on this thread cumon lets have some input.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
That sounds good. Me and Valley boyo up for that.

Weeverboy a regular in the south west section would also like to come to Aberthaw when everyone meets up

Could one of you more knowledgable fishers post some directions for him as I not that sure myself :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
do any of you know roughly how many peelers you need down there for a good session because i dont fancy buying any id rather go collecting them and weres the best place to go to collect them me and the barrelreef went to penarth the other day and we only got about 4 pellers

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
nat,mike, i,m watching you all, dun worry, i keepin quiet at the mo, but i will tell u this for nothing? you invite anymore people and you can av a b....y comp. fiver a man, tenner, more more more, wer am i gonna get crabs from, unless some 1 giv me some, mmmmmm. u no me an bell lazy sods, do u park in the big car park is itbutt.......

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you want peelers you should try Aberthaw itself there was alot of crablife down there last month and i should imagine there will be a good supply.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts