World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an :idea: fished pilot couple hours this morning always fished left and side casting towards middleton 2 chucks 2 snags ,,, how come it has become snaggy ie rope or net any idea ,, okay years ago ..

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was fishing on there a couple of years ago and A boat doing some pots off that side nearly got hit off a loony's lead and after a short sharp bit of argy bargy the lad on the boat said i'll f**k you all up and dragged something behind his boat before he sailed over towards longscar laughing so a weighted rope is my guess!
So with all the line getting snapped on it, by now it will be quite a size and at certain times in the tide it will be more snaggy than others

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
straight centre never used to b snaggy now i think it has answered the question,, what monkeyhinger said and apro prob possibility of both , why is the fishing in hartlepool ruined , all fishermen should stick together not take hum bridge and get there own back by dupping something of the end to make the shore fishing crap ,, get a life who ever does this , b it chain or rope or old net , it felt like a rope because it seem to give then tighten up :wallbash::crazy::nono::thumbdown

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i done it, i haul it every couple of month and sell the sinkers and spinners for half price :bye1::bye1:

joking aside, theres been a rope or something off the end of there for years, i remember getting snagged on it in makerel season about 10 years ago. theres old trawl warps and allsorts dumped around that area so could be anything.

casting into the chanel can be snaggy any way, the dredger will constantly move the mud etc uncovering snags everytime it dredges.
so some days you wont loose a thing and others you will, get your rod up high and reel like a mad man, if its a rope ya should get your gear over it.

i fished it 2 seasons ago, left and corner chucking towards the inside of longscar, and i didnt loose a lead.

why you bothered going on the pilot the other day in a screaming southerly with clean water is any bodys guess deake ??

i wouldnt like to see you on some of the marks i go on where ya loose a lead every chuck :roll1:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha lobster just get rid of some bait ,,,so went round to prom fished there never lost a thing even had couple of chucks on barrier no probs there had a riving bite missed it nothing else like i said just 2 get rid of some bait and check out old spots ive prob fished the marks ur on about lobster ive fished hartlepool a lot of years no offence just that places change and havent fished 4 , 17 years ,

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
need a good blow up ,,,24 hour forecast:

Wind
Cyclonic, becoming southwest then south, 4 or 5, increasing 6 to gale 8 later.
Sea State
Slight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough.
Weather
Rain at first and later.
Visibility
Moderate or good.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:

Wind
South 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9 at first, veering southwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later.
Sea State
Moderate or rough, becoming very rough for a time.
Weather
Rain, mainly fair later.
Visibility
Moderate or good.

·
Registered
546 Posts
in other words s**te

·
Registered
546 Posts
well its pretty clear where ya goin wrong there mate

our lass gets the remote when i go fishing and i get it back when i get back in haha

letting women get a hold of the sky remote is a disaster waiting to happen

·
Registered
546 Posts
ive been goin 6 year now like and crime scene investigaters would struggle to get one of her prints off the remote haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.