World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
following my last sessions blank on the bass , the young apprentice (steven ) told me he had never caught a conger , so wheels in motion snake hunt it was !
after a couple of phone calls cammy from the forum was going to meet us at our venue where he had feathered up a few mackeral for the nights bait ,:thumbs:, we arrived at 12.30am an got the rods set up, since the lad had,nt got a conger i set up one of my rods for him to use, an he setup his own up to scratch for dogs and anything else that was around , long story short on the conger ......nil !!!:thumbdown there was plenty of action on the other rods however,:clap2: with the ever present hordes of lsd ,whitting ,poor cod , thornies an pout all coming in ,steven then had what he thought was a small conger which turned out to be a ling which was a new species for him !! :1a: cammy called one fish as a thornie when up popped this critter

now i hate these aliens!! an as no one else wanted the job of returning it i volunteered to nudge it back into the water with my feet .....bad move it got me !!:eek:
squealin like a big jessie i was get it aff me !!! ahhh hate them....good bait though :yeah:
we fished till first light an then feathered up a few more mackeral an decided to head to a new venue , once there we popped up the bivvy,s an had a kip till the afternoon , after breaky/lunch i dug a few worms for a wee species bash it,s always a pleasure bashing mini species , must be the big kid /jessie thing in me we helped ourselves to coalie, pollock ,codling ,more lsd poor cod ballan,corkwing , an goldshinny wrasse , pleasant couple of hours
the conger mark we were going to is a good yomp so once i had stopped sweating as if it was my round ;-P we got the rods in the water, steven told me he was just gonna fish his own rods ,so i stuck with congering , first fish fell to me ...nice wee bootlace which was most welcome as it was a first for me this year
the other rods were pretty quiet with only a couple of dogs an another small 6lb snig to me , we were being well entertained with the wildlife as there were a few porpoises chasing shoals of fish into the shore , great sight then we had a family of otters come along a gill an 2 kits magic sight !! a wee while later this little pest was determined to get into the bait box
but was quietly ushered along :) then i had a crackin pull down on the rod wound into the fish an it was solid ..dam things got me in it,s hole i thought , but bit of steady preasure an it started to move, once i got it free it had a couple of line taking dives so knew it was a better fish an up popped this nice eel
pulled the scales to 14lb 10oz best fish of the night !!

things went dead after that so headed back for a kip !! we still had a bit of bait left so went to loch fynne to try an top up the species on the way we saw a buzzard mobbing a golden eagle !! what a sight magnificent !!
well at fynne we all had more lsd an me an gordon had a few dabs so a respectable haul of species with the apprentice notching another species to his list but not the target one !! still happy days !!

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
looks a cracking session guy

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Great report and pictures Guy,well done mate :)

John

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Cracking eels there. I laughed out loud at the octopus on the boot. Maybe it'll catch on...

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice one Guy - smashing sessions there !!! :clap3:

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Looks like you's had a cracki9ng session there Guy, well done, great pics aswell :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
nice lot
joe

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
great session guys -those octo:clap2:pus make good bait apparently!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts