World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR THE GRUMPY PEOPLE
Why do you even bother clicking in here?

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW:

Having been in Cornwall again, I tagged along with Happysnapper to see how he gets his wrasse out. He's very good! of course we took some moral support:

Local people will know which local place we were in. Unfortunately, Happysnapper experienced the loss of his ringpiece, and so he had the choice of using either one rod, or using one of Fishbits' rods alongside his own. Knowing what a blanker his lad can be, he chose to go with the one rod. Within about ten minutes, this beauty came out...

Happysnapper taught me a lot about wrasse going after the bait, what they tend to do once they have it, and within a few more minutes he had a case of the dinky dinks again and pulled in this one:

Not too long after that, he got this fantastic specimen. He didn't weigh it but it was at least 2lbs:

All went quiet for a bit, with tiny wiggly dinks on Happysnapper's end, so I amused myself by looking for shells and taking pictures of Gingas wearing them:

Madonna (Pensioner) Gingas

Cod Piece Ginga and Pregnant Ginga

Winkle Winky Ginga

Then I built a little rockpile castle...

Happysnapper delighted me by reeling in this Tiddler:

And then Fishbits and Mrs Happysnapper appeared...

... and all the fishies ran away. So Fishbits destroyed my pathetic-but-beloved rockpile castle (here it is before he stuck his boot in):

Ging of The Castle

Happysnapper then fiddled a lot with his tackle whilst Mrs Happysnapper fingered his rod...

... and we all got told off for throwing stones and shells, until the lads started packing their gear away, and two females put stones in Fishbits' coat and backpack. I wonder that women are allowed to go to the beach, but rest assured, if we have a big grin on our faces and your sack is heavy, you know why. I recommend emptying them at every opportunity, just to lighten the load somewhat.

And finally, if people are gagging and vomiting and have tears streaming down their faces, YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR FLOATY MORE OFTEN, BARRY!!! Fishbits' mum's washing machine welded itself together that night. It wasn't pretty. :uhuh:

But I had a FAB time, and next time, I shall bash some wrasse myself, innit. After all, I have some great and generous teachers in Cornwall. The lessons I learnt from Puffy and Sunnyfishies, joined with what Happysnapper and Fishbits have been teaching me, should help me get my own wrasse out in no time!

Thank you all for your hospitality, your kindness, your patience, your joy, and your generosity. I love you. :group:

·
Registered
24,892 Posts
Nice report,go get they wrasse phrunts!!!:1a:

·
Registered
128 Posts
good report pants,
we had alot of cukoo wrasse yesterday,
some was quite the size, over a pound whats the british record?
Cheers, Ash :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
wow all those colours , i am getting flash backs of friday nite in newquay town . love it . i think i had my drink spiked

·
Registered
462 Posts
Another y_phrunts special:bounce:. Great report Jools, and I love the colourful area you guys were fishing in;), you don't get skys like that round our way:laugh:. Those GINGAS obviously had a fun time on the beach, little rascals.:icecream::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
A lovely report Babe, that camera of yours does work overtime awesome pics:victory:, alot has been learnt in the short time you've been Angling and it does you credit keep it up.Aj.:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that wernt my coat:yucky:
So, when you said "Pants, will you carry my coat for me" and offered me the offending article, were you trying to impress me? Cos it didn't work. :uhuh: I did learn to say no though, which is a first...

·
Registered
48 Posts
lmfao......................top man,good day out and a great entertaining read. How fishing should be taken,life at a breeze:clap3:

·
Registered
443 Posts
As ever Jools you have made me laugh infront of my computer(sure my missus thinks i'm watching something dodgy!).
Have those gingas got some special ingredient ?,they seem to be at a grateful dead concert looking at the colour of the sky :wiggle:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts