World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the new snowbee catalogue, they have a new deep blue titanium 8lb class rod listed. Has anyone seen or bought one of these? If so what do you think of it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have 2 of the previous models, 8lb & 12lb deepblue's, which are the same blanks,but fitted with Fuji rings, they are fabulous rods, nice actions but are slightly stiffer action than you expect. I would class my 8lb to having a similar action to a 12lb (Shimano etc) blank & the 12lb probably closer to a comparable 20lb rod. But saying that the Snowbee are IGFA rated so who's to say which rating is more accurate. If you are close to Redruth your welcome to come have a look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 of the previous models, 8lb & 12lb deepblue's, which are the same blanks,but fitted with Fuji rings, they are fabulous rods, nice actions but are slightly stiffer action than you expect. I would class my 8lb to having a similar action to a 12lb (Shimano etc) blank & the 12lb probably closer to a comparable 20lb rod. But saying that the Snowbee are IGFA rated so who's to say which rating is more accurate. If you are close to Redruth your welcome to come have a look.
thanks for the kind offer, but I had a suspicion that the rod would be heavier than I was looking for, which you have confirmed, oh well just have to keep looking. I had a 6lb class rod I bought from Trago Mills years ago, for about a tenner, which was brilliant until I dropped an anchor on it and destroyed the tip section. I've been looking for something similiar for ages but no one seems to make a really light boat rod anymore, I may have to go down the light lure rod route and re-ring it for a multiplier. Come on manufacturers I'm sure theres a gap in the market here waiting to befilled

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You could look at a kenzaki 6lb class, really light rod.
I have the black rock akita 8+ which i believe is the same blank as the kenzaki 6-12lb rod, fantastic rod but i was hoping to go even lighter this year. last year I had a couple of tries with my grauvel tecklon concept 902l (rated at 7-28grm), which was great fun but I'm not sure how much control it would have over a 15lb pollack on its first dive, so i'm thinking something in between the akita and the tecklon

·
Registered
906 Posts
Keep a look out for a conoflex pollack rod 4lb class cracking bit of kit if you dont need much over 6oz of lead

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pop into Jims cash &Carry and have a look at the Savagear lure rods. They are lighter than the Akita [ i have akita's too]. And seem good value too. Another light rod is the new maxximus solid carbon. I brought one from alderney last year and have got to say its action is fantastic. I have landed 20lb+ tope on it, yet the bite indication is as good as my Saltist rods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts