World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another session on Anglesey today, fished the mark which delivered last time (see report) at same state of tide to see if there were any more Bass about but unfortunately not this time so played about with mac feather on light gear and got a few small pollock to save a blank.

Then to finish the day went to a mark on the straits (Anglesey side, south west) for a couple of hours, weren't really expecting much but on my 2nd cast I looked round to see an almighty splash and thought 'good sign' then my mate shouts "fish on" - it wasn't a fish jumping but a bloody big bass smashing into his Sammy! :clap2:

I reached for the camera and was gutted id left it in the car but not as gutted as my mate as he shouted 'fish off' - don't know how big she was but the splash was big, it took line, shook its head and did one so I would guess it was half decent.

I suppose that's how big ones get big :g:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
There are many stories of big bass from all around the country at the moment on lures and bait. I'd say from what I have read on here and other forums that maybe 1 in 10 of them get landed so like you said that's how they become big bass. Keep at it before the water temp drops too much as you still have a decent chance of catching one and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Gutted for your mate :sad: but at least you know where the bass are :victory:. Better luck next time :thumbs:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts