World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have yet to have a go at plugging for bas want want to try it, looking at all the sites on lures i do know which to buy.
can some one suggest about 6 that i could buy with confidence know ing that other people have caught on them.
by the look of things i feel sure some of them are designed just to catch the angler!!!
old angler

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
rapala j13
maria chase sw(red head)
flash minnow
bass bandits are good on clean ground
chico boca

those are my faves for what its worth (they cost a bloody fortune!!):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo-Zuri Mag Popper - pollack coloured

Makes a really good silhouette in the late-afternoon/dusk. Caught a stonking bass on mine just yesterday. Also, I'd just start on 2 or 3, one silvery/sandeel coloured, one mackerel and one pollack coloured. should give you something for all occaisions.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dexter Wedge
Rapala j13 in blue
Rapala sliver
Rapala jointed x-rap
Various Redgills
Storm chug bug
Ihave also heard reports that the maria lures are very good but i cannot personally say.

Perhaps we should make this a sticky because this is probably the main question asked along with which lure rod?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Rapala J13
Maria Chase BW
Storm Chug Bug
Yo-Zuri Mag Popper
Dexter Easy Walker

But the lure I would choose before all of these is the dexter wedge, cheap and extremely effective :fish:

·
Registered
401 Posts
just buy em all like me lol
Me too :uhuh: end up with loads of stuff that does the same thing.

Main thing is not to buy 6 shallow divers or six poppers. Get one shallow diver, one surface lure, one medium diver and something like a wedge or toby. Once you have mastered these and know them well expand your collection, very rarerly the lures fault if you aren't catching.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Yo-Zuri Mag Popper - pollack coloured.
Which is the pollack coloured one you refer to? As far as I'm aware the colours that the Mag Poppers are available in are Sardine, Ghost Blue Mackerel, Green Mackerel, Bronze, Ghost Black, Pinkhead and Redhead. I'm guessing it must be the bronze one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts