World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Steve

The best way to get to chesilfrom Plymouth is to travel to exeter and then take the a35 towards southampton when you see signs for bridport head towards there. when you get to bridport follow signs for west bay. you are now at the west end of chesil beach. from there you can take the road to abbotsburys which pass by the fishing marks of burton bradstock cogdan west bexington and all the other places you will find mentioned. if you want marks like the dragons teeth you need to park at either abbotsbury or the causeway at ferry bridge weymouth and walk along the top of the beach to the right place.

best baits rag mackies lug squid any of the normal baits, there might be a few mackie about on a good day. end tackle is very dependent on the fish your after all the normal rigs work... don't leave anything to close to the water as the waves sometimes jump up and grab it before you can.

Dorset council has nice big bins in the car park for any rubbish you want to dispose of.

I hope this will help you.

Michael :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
steve , never been there but from what i read its a bloody long beach with several entry points & marks ,(bit like someone i know but thats another story). :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
cor i didnt know my wife was down the west country.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i think ul find chesil beach is about 18 miles long :cool:
and if ur gowing to abbotsbury thers macks showingin the day and dogs dogs and moor dogs at night but the smuts shuld start to run soon so in with a chance and if u can cast a fer way u could pick up a ray .... :)
tight lines.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Steve

Check autoroute

Woodster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts