World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have been on here a few years will know I do not normally 'do' 'Cabin Fever'... :cool2:
....preferring to ignore 'seasonal long rod/short rod debates'....:sleep:
I head out ignoring the elements ..:ninja: thru the whole winter..:eeks: lure fishing for the occasional isolated fish...:)(which is usually a decent size!:thumbsup::thumbsup:)

However ..today I am in the depths of what must be Cabin Fever!?!?:frown:

For the past month /six weeks or so....... domestic tasks , preparing for major building alterations at home have taken all my time and energy... augmented by a sore back, a bad bout of bronchitis.. and the resultant sleepless nights.... and zombie-oid days!
And now an added car breakdown!:mad2:

Good news is the... 'choosing a kitchen' is done !?!?.. 'AAAAaaaggh!?!?':cry:
And preparations and furniture moving will be completed this weekend and the actual building work starts next Monday!

Keeping telling myself....'Keep yer eyes on the goal!:run:
We get a new bigger/better kitchen diner.. 'Nice'!
......and I get a proper 'Bass Cave' .:whistling:
.......(oops I mean 'we get a new/better 'utility' room!' :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
If you need anywhere convenient (by the harbour) to store your gear while the builders are in, you know, just to save it getting broken. I'll be prepared to take it off your hands, er..... sorry, take it in for a few weeks.:whistling:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dont talk to me about this, took what was to be one year sabbatical from fishing July 2017, still going on after major house works. Demolished large house down to first floor, roof removed completely and rebuilt, loft conversion, 12T asbestos gone, new kitchen, 2 new bathrooms, 1 extra study, 2 new bedrooms' drainage, new plumbing and heating throughout, new wiring, every wall and ceiling replastered. Redecoration throughout, still loads to do

Kayak covered in dust, dinghy sails as dry as a witches t*t, not been fishing, given away loads flies.

Got 10 zillion brownie points which I havent the time to redeem

Yet I remain as sweet tempered and patient as before

NOT

Good luck fella

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay focused and collect loads of brownie points for next year...plus nothing is stopping you to 'nip out' for an hour to clear your head or does it?
Spike her tea with an amitriptyline... with give you a few hours lure time ;)
Dont talk to me about this, took what was to be one year sabbatical from fishing July 2017, still going on after major house works. Demolished large house down to first floor, roof removed completely and rebuilt, loft conversion, 12T asbestos gone, new kitchen, 2 new bathrooms, 1 extra study, 2 new bedrooms' drainage, new plumbing and heating throughout, new wiring, every wall and ceiling replastered. Redecoration throughout, still loads to do

Kayak covered in dust, dinghy sails as dry as a witches t*t, not been fishing, given away loads flies.

Got 10 zillion brownie points which I havent the time to redeem

Yet I remain as sweet tempered and patient as before

NOT

Good luck fella
If you need anywhere convenient (by the harbour) to store your gear while the builders are in, you know, just to save it getting broken. I'll be prepared to take it off your hands, er..... sorry, take it in for a few weeks.:whistling:
Lads, my key aim is simple ....get the job done ...AND..." get the current 'official' :sneaky: lure buying ban lifted by Christmas!":cautious:
.. hee hee!;)

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Best of luck Chris, I could tell you a tale of woe of my current project also a new kitchen. Into it's third months and believe it or not all the hold ups are out of my control and would it take far to long anyway.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Keeping telling myself....'Keep yer eyes on the goal!:run:
We get a new bigger/better kitchen diner.. 'Nice'!
......and I get a proper 'Bass Cave' .:whistling:
.......(oops I mean 'we get a new/better 'utility' room!' :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That did make me smile ... our utility room is bigger than our old kitchen & I'm only "allowed " a small corner for my gear !
It keeps getting mentioned in conversation that I should move it all to the un- heated garage ...ha ha I'll be looking for a batchelor pad before that happens !

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm afraid my gear is in the shed. A battle I want going to win, but fair enough considering how much fishy crap I have!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts