World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Floatie suit and 30 mtrs of rope.....

Oh and a 9 inch blade when in Greenock!!!!!!

Paul

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
well keeping things civil-its a very strange question coming from someone with his background-i would have thought he would be the one advising us-

David McNair – Education

David is an angler with over 30 years experience in sea angling including shore, boat and small boat. David has targeted many of the species that frequent the Scottish coastline.

David has also been at the forefront in developing angling opportunities and has been at the forefront of angling coaching in Scotland working on the UKCC source group.

His overall angling skills, and general angling knowledge, backed up with significant coaching experience have given him the skills necessary to help drive our educational programmes.
http://www.ssacn.org/ssacn/team

plus with new things planned it may have been better to be open and transparent [ why ] instead of just taking again.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
This guy sounds like one I would be happy to meet and go fishing with, so what is the problem?

well keeping things civil-its a very strange question coming from someone with his background-i would have thought he would be the one advising us-

David McNair – Education

David is an angler with over 30 years experience in sea angling including shore, boat and small boat. David has targeted many of the species that frequent the Scottish coastline.

David has also been at the forefront in developing angling opportunities and has been at the forefront of angling coaching in Scotland working on the UKCC source group.

His overall angling skills, and general angling knowledge, backed up with significant coaching experience have given him the skills necessary to help drive our educational programmes.
http://www.ssacn.org/ssacn/team

plus with new things planned it may have been better to be open and transparent [ why ] instead of just taking again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Surely anything that highlights or improves safety is worthy of discussion Blackmouth
Dodgy is in SSACN - not the Klu Klux Klan - he has done more to promote angling and help anglers (skills nights etc ) than anybody else I know
What plot do you think is being hatched here ????

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
This guy sounds like one I would be happy to meet and go fishing with, so what is the problem?

there is no problem-just surprised that someone as said earlier with his backgound would ask instead of inform.
plus with the org now wanting more shore anglers to start tagging it appears the research is for them-which is fine but why not ask their own many,many so called members on their own site or be open and let everyone know the reason for it in the first place-no secret squirrels.as they never answer anything on here or even contribute.take,take.
peter your question has now been answered -still waiting on an answer to mine from yourself sometime ago-naw forget it not important.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Blackmouth, a simple question has been asked and you have felt the need to take away the anonymity of the OP, and plastered his full name on an open forum... can I ask why?

secondly, experienced as he may, or may not be, before being able to pass on his experience, a tutor has to know what level his students are at already, so its a perfectly normal question, if and should that have been the motive behind it.
as I take it, the question has been asked purely and simply as as a pure and simple question with an element of curiosity.

anyhows....
when I go shore fishing I have a first aid kit, sharp knife, a foil survival blanket torch spare batteries , bottle of fresh water and not forgetting the ever useful length of paracord or rope.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Blackmouth, a simple question has been asked and you have felt the need to take away the anonymity of the OP, and plastered his full name on an open forum... can I ask why?

secondly, experienced as he may, or may not be, before being able to pass on his experience, a tutor has to know what level his students are at already, so its a perfectly normal question, if and should that have been the motive behind it.
as I take it, the question has been asked purely and simply as as a pure and simple question with an element of curiosity.

anyhows....
when I go shore fishing I have a first aid kit, sharp knife, a foil survival blanket torch spare batteries , bottle of fresh water and not forgetting the ever useful length of paracord or rope.
dodgey is well known on the forum so no secrets revealed -already well known
i have no doubt he asks every student while instructing as he should and has given/gives full safety advise on each occassion.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
arm bands !.. why,.. they will keep you more afloat than a floatation suit, coming to think about it, why is it called a floatation suit ? the trousers dont float, its only the jacket, even at that its not a life saver, its an aid so you still need to be able to swim !

automatic life vest, doesnt restrict casting or movement :thumbs:.. and warm clothes !:thumbs:
atleast if you bang your head, the life jacket will inflate and keep your head out the water, with a floatie suit on you might be floating face down !

·
Registered
573 Posts
I take a semi auto life vest, It does not restrict you at all and mine is a cammo one so you dont look like a t***!
After my dip earlier this year I will not take any chances, I also bought a spare gas bottle for it too.

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Think a few people viewing the site will be put off and scared to ask any questions if thats the answers thats given out.(my opinion)

Anyhoo .....small first aid kit for me.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Common sence :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the Intro Finlay your paranoia knows no bounds.

Asking a open question promotes discussion and if answered with knowledge gives ownership of learning, the participant is not reliant on the tutor to supply all the answers and thinks for themselves (playing the ball in front of you to use a sport terminology).

Is this not what a forum is for !!!!

My own answer would probably be not enough.

Who bothers to check a grid ref where they are and text or e-mail the info

Throw rope?

Warm Clothing the cold affects reactions and clear thinking

Floatation Suit Pros and Cons
Keeps you warm and afloat and alive longer in the water

Has anyone had any experience testing them! fall in a foot of water and float away ??

First aid kit

First aid training

Believe it or not remaining sober

Not Fishing alone

Studying the chosen mark carefully

having a back up venue

remembering that fish maybe THE last fish of a lifetime.

Every angler has friends and family who would be devastated should anything tragic occur (even you Finlay)

so if anyone can constructively add to the thread please do so you may save a life.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts