World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all fished soldier point last night with a couple of mates and my nephew..bit slow to start with there were a couple of eels caught then i had a 1lb 3oz flounder which had shot its roe..i had 2 schoolies bout 1lb a piece..my nephew caught his 2nd ever fish an eel of about a 1lb on very light tackle (was nice seeing him struggle)then he caught his 3rd ever fish a tiny flounder ha ha he struggled more with that..He was scared of the peeler thought they were going to bite him lol.Hes getting confident with worms now (must introduce the king rag at night)lmao.. all fish were kissed and released very much enjoyed...

martin

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks for the report Martin, sounds like a decent little session. A 1lb eel on light tackle sure can be struggle for a kid on light tackle. I remember my brother got one of 1.5lb when he was 10 on a float rod and it took about 15 minutes to get in.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello matey
u should have seen his little face,

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Lovely venue for a nice quiet nights fishing Martin. Good report and I'm glad it produced for you too. It was often my "bolt hole" to escape the generator madness on the West arm last year.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was lovely night in the end we were gonna fish pagham but the wind got up still i like it there (soldier point) i always feel that theres something there to be caught..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts