World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody this is my first time on here & im looking any info on how to catch sole around dungeness,Brighton,hastings etc.I have no problem catching dabs,flounder & the occasional plaice by design,but have only ever caught a couple of sole more by luck i think than by design.So anything on rigs,baits,tactics & places to try would be most appreciated.
Cheers Tim the fish

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a couple of Sole at Dengemarsh at the end of August. Size 4 hooks on 10" snoods cast about 40 yards works fine. Much better when the sea is coloured or at night if the Whiting are not around to clean your baits off the hook in 10 seconds flat!

Try after a blow with a single lugworm on size 4 hooks. Let the bites develop for 5 mins or so. You will know when they're hooked.

Another place I have had good Sole from is Newhaven Tidemills, right at the far end by the pier. Worth trying there if you get the chance.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that gurgeh,i was down at hythe last week loads of whiting no sole even though the locals where saying there had been quite a few out upto 2lb +.I will be trying the places you suggested i fish dungeness quite a lot through the winter so i shall try denge marsh in about a week or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts