World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick one.
Had to make the most of the low transient moon that didnt break the high skyline until around 2am at my mark at brambles.
Around dusk i had the obligatory small plaice at dusk, only a small bugger...

It was a great night to get out at 17 degrees and a slight easterly

The night was slow in between the normal pout and school bass, but i did miss a few bites that may have been sizable bass or even red mullet as they were nice strong bites but i`ll never know!
I was right up for it with classic LARGE sole baits.
\
but the only sole of the night came in the early hours as i was packing up and as many times before, i didnt even know it was on my rod....
A half decent sole of 1lb2oz.

Could have been worse, could have been better but thats the way it goes.
Better tides coming up soon, so we should see some better sizes and better results.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi Solehunter, nice to see your still searching for that mr BIGGY.
Sole this way are pretty dismal at the mo but now the better weather is apon us I hope they should start to put a show in again and a bigger size.

WW

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers wol, yes we are in the `small` period at the moment though the numbers seem to be ok. I was battling against a bright moon and east winds last night wich is never good. i find the first run we get in may to turn up some large ones, then again from september through till xmas. The tides at the start of august should be interesting, with no moon and nice late big tides!
Good luck mate.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts