World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Walton Pier again to-day. Originally,we intended to fish the Club hut, but the pier was a bit crowded when we got there. I didn't fancy a long walk so we fished near the entrance again.
High tide was about1330 and we had between us three keepable sole an eel,which went back, and half a dozen schoolies.
Fishing absolutely died when the tide ebbed. Anglers coming back from the end of the pier said there was very little about,so it looks like we picked the right spot to-day.Best bait,well the only bait really, was rag.
Whole squid in a DVice was coming back looking better than when I chucked it out!
What a difference a week and a big tide make!

Stu.

·
Registered
20,832 Posts
The soles sound like a result Stu.............well done matey. Probably that bit of sand kicking up nearer the shore gave 'em a bit of cover.

Went to Walton Pier again to-day. Originally,we intended to fish the Club hut, but the pier was a bit crowded when we got there. I didn't fancy a long walk so we fished near the entrance again.
High tide was about1330 and we had between us three keepable sole an eel,which went back, and half a dozen schoolies.
Fishing absolutely died when the tide ebbed. Anglers coming back from the end of the pier said there was very little about,so it looks like we picked the right spot to-day.Best bait,well the only bait really, was rag.
Whole squid in a DVice was coming back looking better than when I chucked it out!
What a difference a week and a big tide make!

Stu.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
told on the grapevine, if true or not, walton pier had an 80 peg open on sunday just gone......only 5 fish caught with only one of them sizeable !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well done on the fish Stu.

I must admit that Walton pier in the summer doesn't really appeal to me - I'm not one for crowds, and it's difficult to get away from them on a sticky-out thing like that.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done on the fish Stu.

I must admit that Walton pier in the summer doesn't really appeal to me - I'm not one for crowds, and it's difficult to get away from them on a sticky-out thing like that.
Yeah,I know what you mean, but it would be a funny old world if we all liked the same thing,wouldn't it?!:laugh:

Stu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts