World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All this is one of my first posts so excuse me if I get it wrong.

I am looking for some "any tide" slip ways along the solent, from southampton to selsey bill. I live in Northampton so just about as far away from the sea as you can get. Not ideal for a keen sea fisherman, I tow a 17 ft wilson so minimal 18" draft and want to be able to put her in and take her out of the water at any tide . If anyone can advise on good slipways I would appreciate the advice -
Paul

G

·
image.jpeg

I use that one all the time, lowest tide to highest tide launches.

Good solid slipway, few holes here and there but never been a problem.

About 10/15 mins @6knots to the Solent.

G

·
Looks like there is parking too thanks
Out of all slipways I've used that is the one I go back to time and time again due to having no tidal restrictions, and if out in the Solent and the weather turns you can head back up the hamble and fish there, I've had good bass and flounders out of it both from my boat and kayak.

Parking is ok during the week but the weekend can get a bit busy, although you can fit half a dozen or so cars at the top of the slip without impeding anyone else.

I've launched everything from kayaks, ribs and up too 16.5ft boat from there and every time it's so simple.

I tend to put my trailer on the shingle above the high water mark and chain it to one of the many smaller boats that have sat there for years without moving.

Easy to launch by hand due to the slipway only having a slight slope , but I always use the car to pull back up the slip.

Good luck lets us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
agree with the slipways above. but i think the easiest one is the slip at crosshouse, by the itchen toll bridge . its tarmac nice steady slop can be used at all states of tide except very low springs. rfree trailor park but you have to pay for the car. i have used all the above but find this one the easiest.but a further run to the better fishing spots.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ferry road in Eastney.Public slipway,you can launch any state of tide,straight into Langstone or out to the Solent.Free parking as well.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
There's the gafirs slipway in Gosport, straight into the Solent on any tide but you'll have to pay to park your wagon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Paul, I live and keep my boat in Rushden, so only around the corner from you!

The one advantage I keep telling myself about being so far from the sea is that you have a lot of options as to where you can go, all within a similar driving time! My 3 main areas for fishing are Selsey (South), Brightlingsea (East) or Bridlington (North).

This year I have fished around Selsey on more occasions than any other area, and I have found Northney Marina's slipway to be good, with good parking and fresh water to flush, 24 hour all tidal range access.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts