World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished off Browndown today for the whole of the ebb tide, but between 3 rods we only managed a couple of small Bass and a couple of Mackerel, the Solent is really dire at the moment, there were several boats around me, but didn't see anything landed. :poop::poop::poop:

On the plus side it was a warm pleasant day with hardly any wind or weed and anchored about half mile away was the new carrier with a deck full of new F35 jet fighters and it's quite a site. :):):)

·
Registered
20,643 Posts
Fished off Browndown today for the whole of the ebb tide, but between 3 rods we only managed a couple of small Bass and a couple of Mackerel, the Solent is really dire at the moment, there were several boats around me, but didn't see anything landed. :poop::poop::poop:

On the plus side it was a warm pleasant day with hardly any wind or weed and anchored about half mile away was the new carrier with a deck full of new F35 jet fighters and it's quite a site. :):):)
:) I don't think it was the new carrier as it's in the USA doing trials with the new jets. It's probably the USS Harry S. Truman on a visit. Was invited on about 5 years ago, got the badge but mice ate the hat, I think.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) I don't think it was the new carrier as it's in the USA doing trials with the new jets. It's probably the USS Harry S. Truman on a visit. Was invited on about 5 years ago, got the badge but mice ate the hat, I think.
Norm, I think you are right as it only had one control tower and had more aircraft than the QE currently has, I had forgotten that the USS Harry S. Truman was on a visit, it would also explain why it was at anchor in the Solent and not on it's mooring in Portsmouth harbour.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Norm, I think you are right as it only had one control tower and had more aircraft than the QE currently has, I had forgotten that the USS Harry S. Truman was on a visit, it would also explain why it was at anchor in the Solent and not on it's mooring in Portsmouth harbour.
Did the yanks catch any fish then? Must of been a good Mark you got there for them to come over for a cod....

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the yanks catch any fish then? Must of been a good Mark you got there for them to come over for a cod....
They were disappointed as they came all this way and blanked :D:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts