World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody else bending their minds to this stuff?

I've been using it and whilst ur not guaranteed to be ripping em out when it says so, what I have noticed is that when it indicates that conditions aint gonna be particularly productive..that does indeed seem to be the case! However, any theory needs a bigger sample to arrive at ANY kind of conclusion.

I got an ecxel database (with graphs for easier representation by month) with daily cycles : sunup, sundown, moonup, moonover, moonset, moonunder, phase of the moon, HW, LW, heights, dates, and other data for anyone interested. I've collated info for : MUMBLES, NEWPORT, BARRY (for all of 2009)

You'll need to send me email addy so that I can send file (plus u'll need Excell/MSOfficespreadsheets to run it) nowt terribly complicated..if u can use internet then u can get ur swede round this no prob.
I'd love to see people using this and reporting back catches just to see if we all have a good night or we all have a poor night..would kinda prove in a non-scientific manner that there MAYBE SOMETHING IN IT!

Any hunter will tell u that for no apparant reason foxes/bunnies/deer appear in out in the open in the middle of the afternoon at certain times..these conicide with moonrise in the afternoon. Moon is closer and therefore has bigger influence on earth than sun..so not such a far fetched theory methinks!

Any takers welcome!
marco:nerd::drunk::nerd:
*if i can work out how to get a screenshot up on here i will!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds good, this links in with the 'predictable fishing' article i think i read on here before, its a guarantee that catches are related to the moons gravitational pull due to tides! But i guess there are so many variables 'weather, wind, temp, fish species targetted, bait, location' something like this would be good to start creating a picture of the best times/weather/location etc to fish!

Will PM my email address as wouldnt mind having a look!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right en..let's see if this has worked..

well, kindof..bit small, obviously looks better full screen, still trying to work out how to get a better image.
hopefully u get the idea
is a 6Mb excel file if anyone interested

NOTE:
For the tide heights, 8.15am is QUARTER past 8 = 8+¼hrs = 8.25metres, 9.45am (9+¾hr is approx 9.75metres..follow?

Moonphase at 2359hrs = FULL MOON
Moonphase at 0001hrs = NEW MOON

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you read this article it helps make sense! It is all pretty straightforward really. Best times to fish would usually include times of maximum activity i.e. High Tide at Moon Rise and sunset during a new moon!

http://www.solunar.com/the_solunar_theory.aspx

The only thing it does not consider is the weather as it is generally unpredictable anually! But does indicate that the conciding of say a high pressure system with the activities above would also produce an optimum for best fishing.

Fiskrond did you create the Excel Spread sheet yourself?

Mad eh :fish:

·
Registered
54 Posts
After working out how to read all the data in the supplied spread sheet it seems that this Saturday, Sunday and Monday (19th-21st) should produce good fishing, the weather locally is even predicted to remain calm and the High Tides coincide with a new moon, large tide hights and sunset.

So everybody get out this weekend and prove the theory right! Im off to Pembokeshire on a week long fishing adventure on Sunday so will definatly give it a test!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aye, put together by meself..got fed up of having to check loads of different sites online so figured best to download data and amalgamate = One A4 graph with everything on it.:headhurt:

...except of course the weather..gimme a break huh!:cc_surren

What you want for next trick..lottery number predictor? (shh..I'm working on that one!):wacko:

:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for those who have PM'd me thanks..the more the merrier!
If happy with wot iv sent yah (once uv got ur specs on..lol) then feedback & ideas appreciated to see what i can knock up for next year - a more comprehensive and user-friendly frontend

The theory IS NOT MINE..I've just whacked together the same data that the 'pay for' sites use..

This is KNOWN and PREDICTABLE ie CALCULATED data from reliable sources! (sources indicated in spreadsheet)
..stuff like weather, barometric pressure, etc.. are external and subject to change..so u'll have to use ur own noggin for that.
I've started looking at meteorology..but is too complex and unpredictable to ascimilate into the data at hand. However, the data provided used in conjunction with weather forecast should theoreticall affect catch probability.:nerd::nerd::nerd:

At the very least, uv got a years worth of tides, times, height, sunup, sundown, moonrise, moonover, moonset, moonunder, and moonphase on one A4 sheet per month.
What you do with it..is entirely up to you!
:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

fekinell...i need to get out more:sad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
allrighty then...
to my loyal disciples:lmao::lmao::lmao:

todays best shout is :
1200 : 1530 LW
1700 : 2000 HW
light w/sw >10mph
just enough surf to make it interesting but not so bad to make bite detection difficult
bang on new moon & a high spring
expect results
trust me. I bought some white heather the other day and that must count for something..:crazy::victory:

im triple rsod rite now, but i hope to make the evening tide :drunk::drunk::drunk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts