World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds good, this links in with the 'predictable fishing' article i think i read on here before, its a guarantee that catches are related to the moons gravitational pull due to tides! But i guess there are so many variables 'weather, wind, temp, fish species targetted, bait, location' something like this would be good to start creating a picture of the best times/weather/location etc to fish!

Will PM my email address as wouldnt mind having a look!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you read this article it helps make sense! It is all pretty straightforward really. Best times to fish would usually include times of maximum activity i.e. High Tide at Moon Rise and sunset during a new moon!

http://www.solunar.com/the_solunar_theory.aspx

The only thing it does not consider is the weather as it is generally unpredictable anually! But does indicate that the conciding of say a high pressure system with the activities above would also produce an optimum for best fishing.

Fiskrond did you create the Excel Spread sheet yourself?

Mad eh :fish:

·
Registered
54 Posts
After working out how to read all the data in the supplied spread sheet it seems that this Saturday, Sunday and Monday (19th-21st) should produce good fishing, the weather locally is even predicted to remain calm and the High Tides coincide with a new moon, large tide hights and sunset.

So everybody get out this weekend and prove the theory right! Im off to Pembokeshire on a week long fishing adventure on Sunday so will definatly give it a test!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts