World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads

good day once again with 4 species, macky pollack scad and 4 bull huss biggest being 7lb, macky for bait,

anyone fancy a trip let me know

tight lines
joejarvy

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
joejarvy said:
hi lads

good day once again with 4 species, macky pollack scad and 4 bull huss biggest being 7lb, macky for bait,

anyone fancy a trip let me know

tight lines
joejarvy
Hi Joe,

I'm up for that - once the weather calms down, or is the NW wind direction less of a problem at Solva??

Cheers - John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where are the best marks in Solva or nearby to fish from the shore?

Can anyone recommend a local Charter boat?

Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
DaveP said:
Where are the best marks in Solva or nearby to fish from the shore?

Can anyone recommend a local Charter boat?

Cheers
hi davep,
the 1/4 mile creek of solva is mainly sand and mud flanked by rocks and hemmed in by high banks.the southern bank widens to form a small sea-facing beach. a small quay on the north bank and rocks on the south bank at a sharp turn in the fjord there are two float fishing marks good for mullet and bass. the odd soft crab when in season found on the south side near the harbour mouth at low tide, keep these for float fishing close in over the stones,ledger big brown harbour lug onto sand nearer the fjord mouth for flaties and bass. so take a fork. AS FOR CHARTER HAVE A CHAT TO JOEJARVEY WINK! cheers clive.;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

there is a charter boat service that is not well advertised, called ecell 5, ran by Harold Swan, but never seems to go out, altough in past years he did. if inshore fishing then a charter boat is not needed because the seas arent too bad.

tight lines
joejarvy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts