World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
not sure of the tackle shop in solva but in st davids centre theres a little gift shop with a small tackle supply at the back, its good for frozen bait, floats, hooks etc, not sure about live bait (worm).
I think the tackle shop in solva may be the little shop on the left as you go past harbour, set back a bit so you can park at front(use to be painted green).
Of to st davids myself mon to tues to fish the rock marks, il get my bait in st davids as mentioned but as i am coming from Chepstow will get some worm from Newport on the way,

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
best bet is to go to anglers corner in milford haven fiskies mate, very friendly and help-full.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi there,

Was down that way myself last week. If your heading into Solva from Haverfordwest go past the harbour, pub and up the hill. The road narrows then as you start to leave the village keep looking on your right hand side, it’s on the very edge of Solva itself.

Obviously if you are coming from St Davids it, sjust back off the road on the left handside upon first entering solva.

Hope this helps

Fleurboy

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
6,280 Posts
The shop in solva is more of a spar type thing so I think they open earlyish until 9 or 10pm. They do not keep a great deal of bait there mostly frozen and they are tadge on the expensive side. They may have occassional fresh bait. As mentioned previously your best bet would be Martin's shop in Milford.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I had a look at the shop yesterday, a small ( but growing I'm told) stock of essential bits and pieces and frozen bait. Shop open from 7am to 8pm I think.
The shop has a service road with parking outside the shop. There is an angling supplies sign on the roadside.
Bay View Stores.
tel 01437 729036

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
not sure of the tackle shop in solva but in st davids centre theres a little gift shop with a small tackle supply at the back, its good for frozen bait, floats, hooks etc, not sure about live bait (worm).
I think the tackle shop in solva may be the little shop on the left as you go past harbour, set back a bit so you can park at front(use to be painted green).
Of to st davids myself mon to tues to fish the rock marks, il get my bait in st davids as mentioned but as i am coming from Chepstow will get some worm from Newport on the way,
been to that shop it's crap dig your own at solva it's easy there ..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
definetly best to go and see tommo in anglers corner milford.best bet for fresh bait and loads of info on marks up that way as thats the only marks he fishes good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Suggest when you get into haverfordwest turn left and go to anglers corner in milford (about 15 mile detour) but they are good m8

·
Registered
226 Posts
As you have to go into St Davids try the shop in the centre, its a bit of a gift shop but at the back its got a pretty good tackle shop, all the bits and pieces your need and plenty of frozen bait (sand eel, crab, squid etc), not sure about worm

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Anyone know contact details, website, opening hours or directions to the tackle shop in Solva, Pembrokeshire, I need a fresh supply for my holiday in June to Porthclais, think it will be the closest bait sellers?
Its actually a spar or a londis. Hes got limited bait & minimal tackle there. And hes obviously a bit expensive. The shop itself is as you are leaving Solva towards St Davids, its at the top of the hill on the right. (go through Solva, passed the harbour, up the hill, passed the toilets on your right. Its about 100 yards further up the hill)

Not sure about the 1 in St Davids, but to be honest it may be better to get your kit from Anglers corner in Milford.

Hpoefully Kellogs & I catch you down there.
CQ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts