World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down to local beach to look for crabs to use as bait tomorrow at Rough Firth. After 90 mins. had about sufficient for a short day, plus some softies, so I decided to have a short session with them today. Drove down to Southerness and fished to the right of the lighthouse ( looking seawards). Only used the one rod, a beachcaster with a 4/0 hook loaded with a couple of soft crabs. Sea looked great for bass, white horses out to sea and nice breaking waves close in. Three anglers already set up there with a couple of rods each, fishing with lug, and spinning arfificials. Spoke to them, nothing doing but one had a couple of bass about 10 miles further along the shore during the week so were hopeful. After an hour, got a decent bite and expected to see my first bass of the year, but once thru the surf I saw that it was a flounder, and not a very big one, how it managed to get all that bait in its gub is beyond me. That was the only fish caught during my stay, so looking for an improvement tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
no luck on the bass front dab hand , got a date with them myself next week down luce , but also some shore tope hopefully!! an if that fails got a trip with ian on the sunday :clap3:so all is not lost!:yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no luck on the bass front dab hand , got a date with them myself next week down luce , but also some shore tope hopefully!! an if that fails got a trip with ian on the sunday :clap3:so all is not lost!:yeah::yeah:
Hi mate, your programme sure looks good, best of luck with all three targets.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Are you fishing the sweepstake and peever open at Kirkudbright next weekend Jack? I'm coming up for the weekend with my mate.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you fishing the sweepstake and peever open at Kirkudbright next weekend Jack? I'm coming up for the weekend with my mate.
Afraid going to have to miss this one Dave, off to Oban on the Monday morning, out with Ronnie Campbell Tue. and Thur. to try for one of the biggies, just hope if I hook one, it's not too big. I think that the Federation Open at the Isle of Whithorn will be my next shore match.

·
Registered
249 Posts
can anyone tell me the times and a few details of the matches in kirkudbright thats coming up?whats the info for the open at the isle of whithorn ? when and where?

·
Registered
372 Posts
can anyone tell me the times and a few details of the matches in kirkudbright thats coming up?whats the info for the open at the isle of whithorn ? when and where?
Here you go....

June 2nd ~Peever pegged open sweepstake H.Q the Gordon house hotel kirkcudbright
Reg - 09.00 – 10.30
Fishing -11.00 – 15.00
Weigh-in- cards in by 16.00
Fishing venue – river Dee Kirkcudbright
Measure and return, no size limits, except all common eels=25cm
Pre-booking only 100 pegs
2 hooks only
£10 entry + optional pools + juniors
For Further details Call Scott McNicol - 01556 502011

June 3rd ~ Peever open.(rover) H.Q the Gordon house hotel kirkcudbright
Reg - 08.00 – 09.00 (cards handed out at 9)
Fishing -10.00 – 16.00
Weigh-in-16.30-17.30
Boundries- balcary hotel to lay-by at creetown
No pre-booking
£5 entry, £5 heavy fish + optional pools juniors and ladies welcome

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regards the match at the Isle of Whithorn, this will be the competition run by the South West Scotland Federation of sea anglers. The South West Fed. Open Shore Championships. With registration at Burrowhead holiday vilage on Sun. 29th .July.
Reg. 09.00 - 09.30
Fish 10.00 - 16.00
Weigh in 16.00 - 17.00
3 FISH PER SPECIES
Limits, not sure about, but if they are the same as in years past, will be from Bladnoch to the **** Inn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts