World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venue: Some shingle beach at jaywick.
Species: 2 ( 20+ whiting 1 bass)
Bait: lug,squid,salted lug,mackerel,whiting and old frozen blacks.
Best bait: lug was best but everything caught.
High tide: 12 ish
Duration: 8pm to 2am
Best rig: 3 hook boom.
Size able: 1 whiting.
Personal goals for session: Catch a early codling(failed) , Catch a bass , Catch over 10 fish.

Well what can be said with a one mile + hike or something like that but in the end we got there thanks to Kracov for the directions and local knowledge.It started off a little slow but the bites soon picked up and the rod tips were rattling from the off but first real in nothing so put on a big mackerel bait on the 2nd rod and smashed it out there.As time pasted and I beached a few more whiting I thought it was time to bring the 2nd rod in and to my surprise a dead whiting that had the bottom of it bitten off crabs so it must have been on there in the first 5 mins.As the tide made its way up just a metre from were I was based rod tip smashed down im thinking early codling,late bass or a doggy,rod tip still rattling brought it in a small bass about half a pound so it went back to fight another day.So as more and more whiting came onto the shingle doubles and even a triple came in time to put some fish baits out only to find that whiting had had it there was no getting past them so packed but at about 2 ish and had the flipping hick to get back to the car.I fished in the middle between Kracov and Daddyant so plenty of company. Kracov had whiting and a bass and the same with my dad so all in all a good session.

H

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd offered to show Ant the wonders of St O a couple of years back, but for one reason or another never really got round to it. I was going Friday night, and a timely PM saw us meeting in the car park around 19:30 ish. As I got out of the truck, HC and Daddyant were pulling on the floaties. Not a good move at this time of year I said - you'll get soaked on the walk up. They listened, peeled the layers off and off we duly went.

I'd forgotten how awkward the walk can be, having got used to it now. Both fellow piscators were slightly over equipped, meaning a few stops on the way there. I tried to point out a few landmarks, but I'm not sure that Ant took too much in as his face was going blue and he seemed to have lost the power of speach !

We got to the first fishable bit, and I don't think wild horses could have dragged Ant much further. HC set up about 50 yds further along, and I set up about another 50 away from him. Fishing was a bit slow to start with, but then the sea-rats came on the feed and things became a bit manic. I set up the third "daft" rod again, but nothing was interested this time. I had a wander down to chat to Ant and found him busily unpicking a birdie ( there was a strong side wind, but I suspect it was more likely just getting used to the new rods ), when along came HC clutching a schoolie. I should have run back for my camera, but he'd released it before I thought of it.

Several million sea rats later, I finally landed a nice little just undersized Schoolie.

That was the only non-whiting catch of the night, although to be honest nothing else really had a chance to find the bait - several sea rats had almost untouched baits hanging from their greedy little snouts meaning they must have hooked themseves almost as soon as the bait hit the water.

Ant and HC set off about 2:30 ish, and I stuck it out for an hour or so after that in the forlorn hope of catching something non-whiting shaped. Still, it was a fun night in good company, HC did well and caught plenty and at least I didn't break myself on whiting this year despite the strains of repetitive casting.

Until the next time.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Im still recovering from my walk with Krakov in the spring time, though im starting to think the exercise would be good, spend all winter doing that walk and i could look as good as krakov :)

G

·
j​

Friday or Saturday? ??? Sunday im at the place you love to hate :)
Saturday evening. Our lot fished Orford today, plenty off fish I think, but got a text from one of the guys saying he was hating every minute. Lots of snags and not many fish where he was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts