World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrived at mark at 10am with jonhem and his kids ,weather great slight breeze but sunny ,set up one rod with sandeel/macky and the other lug/macky jonhem withlug ,with the BIG rods out we both started spinning for mackys an within a few casts were catching , meantime the worm baits were getting rattles and I struck first with a small dab , then jonhem got a dab , again small ,a cracking slack line bite on the sandeel had me striking into a decent fish only to lose it when it went to ground ,think it was a ray ,jon hem meantime had switched to fresh macky and was soon rewarded with his first shore thorny bout 1.5lb maybe , I then missed a bite that should not have been missed but it was going to be that kind of day for me , another couple of casts on the spinning gear and we had more mackys and then thump a seatrout of bout 2lb took my koster only to come of on the beach and hightail back to sea, oh well, a few more rattles on the worm baited rod produced another dab for me, then jonhem struck into a nice thorny of 5.5lbs on the fresh macky (jammy sod) , I then had a good run on the sandeel macky combo lifted into a fish only for it to come off ,aaargh mince! jonhem had got bored spinning put a bubble float on with a strip of macky and lo and behold he gets a seatrout of 1.5lbs ,released of course ,got to about 2pm we deceided 1 more cast for the road I baited up a double sandeel that would get me a thorny only to cast and hear an almighty CRACK:cry: one daiwa longbeam down the swanee aaargh MINCE snapped top section 9 inch above spigot , that was it for me chucked it ,my wee brother out fished me ,I had lost two decent fish and snapped my rod (and i still dont know how) , still it was a good day out and good to see jonhem get a good thorny . fish caught 2 thornys , 1 seatrout , 4 dabs , all released, 6 mackerel kept , all others released tried to post photos , camera phone , keeps saying size to big , need a bit of help there :g:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on the catch, good sized fish too !!

sore yin about the rod , possibly casting too a heavy weight and bait for the rod ?
dunno.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well done on the catch, good sized fish too !!

sore yin about the rod , possibly casting too a heavy weight and bait for the rod ?
dunno.
dunno F1F3R, I ,ve used it with bigger baits at arbroath, think it might have been a problem with the small slide bracket for a mini light ,me,s thinking I might have had the line some way tangle round the small bracket ,called the g/a/c ,they said take it up tomorrow and they would have a look , its only 9 month old , but if I have to buy a top section then fair do,s :thumbs:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the reply mate, hope you have some luck with your rod at GAC....

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Well done - sounds like a real good days fishing - hope you get on ok with the rod !!!!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Sounds like a very enjoyable day with a nice selection of fish.Would your rod not be covered by Daiwa if the GAC doesn't replace the section?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a very enjoyable day with a nice selection of fish.Would your rod not be covered by Daiwa if the GAC doesn't replace the section?
took the rod up to the angling centre today bob, the guy there was sympathetic but said he would have to send it to daiwa for checks ,should hear in a weeks time:thumbs:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts