World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friday night thought that i would head over to tenth green to give it a crack for a thornie well to be blunt it did not happen all i had was a small little baby hound good sign mind that the bigger ones are on there way so, then the heavens opened and headead home,

well saturday afternoon i though i would try again for a ray but this time at minnis fish it over the high and just after well secound cast had my first thorny of the night being just shy of 4lb

it then went quiet for a while and then i had a typical pull pull, and was into the next one only a small 2lber but was lovely coluored and markings were cool,

rebaited and cast out again and had a lovely pull down again then slack line and thought might be a better fish and sure enough it just went 7lb,

well me arms were aching now its hard work bringing them in so packed up one rod and then the other bend over again, and finished the session with anouther little chap of about 3lb,

Will be heading back down tomorrow to give it anouther crack as it not a late one all fish were caught at long range, not a bad way to chriten me two new rods!!!!!!, Lets hope there there tomorrow chaps just bigger

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sounds like a great night well done, good to here the rays are still there. I fished with the Birchington Club at Margate last night and it looks like we might have seen some better fish if they had fished at Minnis.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice catch creedy looks like they kept you busy all night, been having a few myself up at Holliwell on the crouch,you get a good sense of satisfaction catching them off the shore, What baits been working best, they only seem to be taking fresh frozen herring chunk up this way.I Am fishing reculver in a club comp in 2 weeks time is it worth having a go for them there?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done Creedy looks like you had a good sesh down at Minnis m8.

I've not been out since we tried fishing it in that wind.......really should have stayed at home that night :)

Nice to see the hounds are starting to hit the shore I know some nice ones have been caught on Excel not far from that mark.

Think you may have fuelled my enthusiasm to venture out tonight somwhere.

·
Registered
340 Posts
well done mate but that hound was never 7lb!! HAHA!!..... only joking!! (my bad!)

Good to see you got in them again... think you got some secret bait or something!!! lol! if i didnt have a killer cold at he moment i would be tempted in giving it a go asap!!! that wind seems to have died off big time here in gillingham.
i know this sounds silly, but i was thinking the other day that you guys who catch these rays never seem to have smaller ones - i.e 3 -6lb'ers... the one i saw on the 10th last week was easily a double....i was thinking perhaps they dont come in as close as the biguns? i know i'd be happy with a 1lb'er!!

well done again.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
because there in packs if u can put back amongst the packs each time i think its just the luck of what u get there tends to be only a handfull of females to all the males and the females are usally the larger fish, so all the real big ones do tend to be females, dan i got a rotten cold to mate but im out again to tonight your right about the wind it has dropped right away lets hope the magic bait works again!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
well done creedy,i'll have to travel about 300 miles to catch fish like that!(i hope!lol)....dave.

D

·
0 Posts
the bigger ones are.u cut off the wings,skin,cook eat them.skate wings they are called in chippy's round here.....dave.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts