World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was hoping some people might give me some advice. I'm not a serious fisher don't get the time to go very often but got some time off over easter and want to go. I fish seaford/tide mills/newhaven, usually off the pier (the one they havn't closed!) was wondering what's around to catch this time of year in this area as usually only go in the summer. Any tips on what with/how to catch them would be good aswell.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi, I was hoping some people might give me some advice. I'm not a serious fisher don't get the time to go very often but got some time off over easter and want to go. I fish seaford/tide mills/newhaven, usually off the pier (the one they havn't closed!) was wondering what's around to catch this time of year in this area as usually only go in the summer. Any tips on what with/how to catch them would be good aswell.
Thanks in advance!
im sure some off the sussex boys will be out over easter maybe you could tag along with a couple of them
they wont bite very friendly lads
take care

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
and then he says take care lol......but hes right lol we dont bite .....havent fished newhaven for ages .....if its nice a calm then use a 3 hook flapper or clip down with size 2 hooks ....ragworm or snotty black with sprat tipps should see u ok for plaice and dabs...mabee the odd bass on the inside

MrB

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Thanks in advance!
You could always give newhaven west beach a go ,(good little bass area) .
Fishes well in daylight if you have coloured water if not and bass is your target operate at dawn and dusk..(crab)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts