World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Paul had a go yesterday with a break in the wind we ran north there was a bit of swell in
the sea until the tide started to ebb it was a bit slow but we found a few Cod and some cracking
Whiting one touching 2lb nice bit of roe as well we finished up with 7 Cod to 4lb and a few were
put back that were lip hooked but a bit on the small size around the 38cm these will hopefully
grow to maturity before they are caught again it looks very windy for Saturday I think that will
be knocked on the head but Sunday looks ok BP.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Good stuff Brian. Nice to see so many year classes about - this week I've had 39, 45 (x3), 50, 55cm codling and my mate had a few of those small codlets as well as keepers; 45cm seems to be the average between the pair of us, 2lb'ers; my preferred size - below that doesn't seem worth keeping and above that I feel I'm stuffing myself when I batter it. Be nice to get some of the big ones for the fight (especially on the braid-loaded float-fishing freshwater spinning reels I'm playing with this month, everything feels like a double as it is!) but I figure if I don't then they'll squirt out some eggs instead so I win either way. If they're not netted first.

Good luck sunday - I may get afloat Tuesday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts