World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a funny thing, just a week ago I posted a thread in C & P on the forum,( some of you I know picked up on it. Thank you.) and, as I was looking at the Everest slope down the beach at Seaford on Monday night, a guy walking his dog says ' Good luck getting down there mate ! Somebody should do something about that.'
'You're not wrong there' says I as he toddled off.

So..........there's a guy I don't know, never even met, thinking the same as me.....somebody should indeed do something about that, it's dangerous. He's not even an angler.

Perhaps somebody could ask somebody at the council to get somebody to leave a couple of ramps in ! If only there was somebody or some Body I could ask.

I accept that there is already a body but do I really think that shingle shifters is a national issue and would even make the top twenty on their to do list? No, and I understand why, but a few good men locally might make some progress on local issues.

Little or no chance of fishing in this weather and you've popped onto the forum to see what's going
on so here's a question for you.........

As a local sea angler, what do you think somebody should be doing something about....on your beach...on your pier....on your boat........in your region...nationally ?

So here's the challenge. You have one line...........one topic and the sentence must be able to be read in one breath but..............multiple entries are allowed. Hit the like button if you see something that strikes a chord and we might see some common issues.

No anti Trust or personal issues thank you, that is not what this is about. Lets try and find out what we, local sea anglers want or are worried about.

In saying we, two things, I know I am not the only one (so ,we) thinking this way because of the replies to the thread and the pms I have received. To be clear, I am not looking to run anything, just be a part of something, all you guys out there are part of 'we'.

If we don't get many replies, hey, that's the answer, nobody gives a flying fish hook and I'll go back to my bit of beach and have some quality shingle time. Assuming there are enough replies, I will collate the responses and post them up so all have the opportunity to comment.

If there is sufficient interest, who knows, maybe 'we' could be that some 'body'

I will ask for the thread to be closed at 10pm Sunday evening....Are you up to the challenge ?

There must be something that somebody should do something about where you fish.

Tight lines guys
Stevo T

Listed are a few quotes from the thread ..'I would like to join an organisation that......'..(and the reply numbers) to give you a flavour No.5 = Sea Anglers find a common cause. No.29 = Establishing Sea Anglers freedom with a group.( A group) that represents, promotes and protects sea anglers freedom. Sea anglers as a group, establishing a group. Being part of the group not it.No.38 = Passionate, articulate people going in the right direction.No.42 = Start small, establish sound principles and grow.No.45 = People in the group with right skill set on the (this) forum. Use social media to communicate with sea anglers.No.85 = Sea anglers to make the effort to get together.No.94 = Look to the future and prepare now.No.114 = Find the right question, find the right forum.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ban netting/trawling within 1 mile of the low water mark

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ban jet ski's within 200 yards of the low water mark

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks L T
For getting us started..........oh............it is fair........... for me to comment..........I'm the OP. I like this, weather you think anything can be achieved I irrelevant, the issue is the key. If we take this point..........perhaps a negotiation with the local jet ski clubs by some Body could get a voluntary code established to 100 yards as a compromise...............would that be better than it is now...............or worse? Brilliant, this is what 'we' are looking for.
Another Pinot for you LT
Thanks
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hang jet skiers spotted within 200 yards of the low water mark... :)
Ah Mr Fish
Humour is good, bringing back capital punishment..........albeit for a heinous crime.....might be 'stretching' the issue a little bit too far.
Thanks Bud

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
*Footnote mode* Lol, okay, in a more serious note...

*Back on topic mode*

Promote/enforce better angler education/practice on issues such as littering and minimum size limits.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*Footnote mode* Lol, okay, in a more serious note...

*Back on topic mode*

Promote/enforce better angler education/practice on issues such as littering and minimum size limits.
Ah the serious Mr Fish
Bang on, couldn't have said it better.
Thank you
Stevo T

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve,
There are bouys about 150 yards from the beach stretching from the harbour along to the church at Shoreham where jet ski's are not meant to operate, unless they are coming to the beach. These beach bourne ski's are often left or poorly anchored to float along the tide line. The numpties that operate them then try (unsuccessfully) to mount these ski's in the surf or if they do manage to mount them they then find it good sport to tear along about 15 yards out showing off to thier admiring friends.
A chap on hear Mr Red Herring witnessed this with me one evening last summer, if I had a crossbow ..........
Yellow card LT.........comment later please, couldn't read that it one breath.
Starfleet HQ out

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
probably not mate , would be good if it happened though , good thread anyways
Hi Mate glad you like the thread.
You forgot the somebody should do something about bit.....................or do you already live in an ideal world. Nothing winds you up ?
OK
Thanks again
Stevo T

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Hi Mate glad you like the thread.
You forgot the somebody should do something about bit.....................or do you already live in an ideal world. Nothing winds you up ?
OK
Thanks again
Stevo T
your patient lol and i apologise for the fact its valentines , im happy , and iv been on the wine with the girl .

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Comment deleted mein Kapitan
No worries L T, appreciate your interest and a couple of good issues.
Thanks
Stevo T

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Implement A world wide ban on all forms of commercial fishing.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Education and safety material for the foreign anglers/beginers/holiday makers (Provided by EA, AT, Fisheries Dept?)

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
(Sotto voce... ) At risk of attracting undesirable elements to this thread...

Impose at least some - and stringently enforced - restrictions on ALL forms of fishing before the useful life in our seas dwindles to nothing.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.