World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am new to wsf i am also new to sea fishing. i am from edinburgh and i was wondering if anyone knows any good marks to fish from and what kind of fish you can catch that sort of stuff it would be a big help if you could tell me what tackle to use aswell. comment please

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can catch Wrasse, Codling, Pollack, Makkies, Coalies...... and plenty more. Not sure of any marks near Edinburgh but St Abbs down the coast is on here in a few reports and looks decent. If you do a search I'm sure you can find a few more.

A standard beachcaster casting between 4-8oz would probably do you with a big fixed spool reel or if your confident enough a multiplier.

Depends if you want to fish from rocks into rough ground or from beaches onto clean ground or a mixture of both.

Do you have a car to travel to marks? If so look for Codhead bobs site. He has loads of marks in Fife that you could try.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the help boys;), it's a pier i usually fish off you can catch mackrel everytime you cast down at the pier but i hear that you can catch plenty cod down there aswell any of use got any tips on what bait to use etc.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
rag or black lug tipped with mackkie mate on a pulley rig for the cod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts