World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,752 Posts
fish over the far side by the reed beds there are some huge pike in this area going back a few years ago i hooked into a monster 20ib plus had him on for a good 5 mins but snapped me off next time you go let me no i only live 10 mins from llangorse lake and ill get some info off a guy i no who fish it a lot tight lines dai

· Registered
594 Posts
use mackeral on the bottom on a float for bite indication, and use one of those red pop up things, i use 2 rods one with mackeral the other witha plug or shad thinghy.

· Registered
80 Posts
i know its nothing to do with sea fishing but im gonna tell u anyway. me steven wood and andy 2728 r towing the boat up to llangorse lake tomorow morning to have a crack at some big pike (afish is a fish).after weeks of watching the likes of wilson and hayes pulling in monsters i thought it was time to give it a go ourselves:g: if anyone has some inside info on this place they would like to share,please do.:g: will let u know how we get on.:clap3: DEAN.
:roll1::roll1: :roll1: I can just picture you all, dressed in your floatation suits, uptiders, and feathering for pike :yahoo: , sorry mate could,nt resist it, best of luck anyway and come back on soon to let us know how you all got on. :crazy: Hmmm this could catch on.

· Registered
937 Posts
Hi mate,
The best time for fishing there is usually January / February when it is cold and food is scarce. You should however still be able to catch good fish there now.
Whack out a Lamprey and use a slow sink and draw method. `Texas mount` the bait which keeps the weed from getting caught up on the hook. If you do not know what I mean, you thread the hook through the bait then turn the hook back into the bait hiding the point just beneath the skin of the bait. Fish about 100 yards off the shore and cast into the edge of the weed cos thats where they are hiding.
Good luck,
Tight lines,
Rich

· Registered
937 Posts
Forgot to mention guys, and I am being deadly serious here. If you can inflate your deadbait, getting some air into it so it sits off the bottom (you can use a hyperdermic needle) this will improve your chance to catch. This is one of the best match tips you will get!
I can imagine you all rolling about laughing thinking I am making this up but I am dead serious!lol :)
Tight lines,
Rich

· Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well guys,got up to llangorse about 7am this morning,stayed dryish for about an hour then tipped down till about 4.30ish. managed 3 perch up to about 1.5lb and 5 jack pike up to about 3lb:clap3: all the pike were cought oon plugs and the perch on garden worm.:clap3: no monsters today but we had good fun. andy took the day with 4 of the pike and two of the perch.:g: well done andy2728.:clap2: DEAN.

· Registered
1,842 Posts
who blanked???

· Registered
1,842 Posts
next weekend!!! flat out!!! guna anchor up for some conger.... now the macks about!!!

· Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
next weekend!!! flat out!!! guna anchor up for some conger.... now the macks about!!!
U GOT SOME CONGER MARKS UP WEST HAVE U RIBBY.:g: WILL BE WELL UP FOR A BIT OF THAT.:clap2:

· Registered
1,842 Posts
i jst bn told... mid channel rocks... 60ft ish water!!! i got ma self a wire anchor made for rocks!!!! it bends out!!!

· Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i jst bn told... mid channel rocks... 60ft ish water!!! i got ma self a wire anchor made for rocks!!!! it bends out!!!
FANCY A CRACK NEXT WEEKEND THEN DO U:g: IM UP FOR IT.:clap2:

· Registered
1,842 Posts
yup!!! im goin for it next weekend!!!

· Registered
462 Posts
hey dean did u get any pike up there ? iv been 4/5 times up there we rent out the boat for the day and take our own outbaord, bit big a lake to row lol

we take a ruby duby bag up when we go of left over pig guts/blood from local butchers works a treat up there let me know when you go next il havre to show u how its done

Jay

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Forgot to mention guys, and I am being deadly serious here. If you can inflate your deadbait, getting some air into it so it sits off the bottom (you can use a hyperdermic needle) this will improve your chance to catch. This is one of the best match tips you will get!
I can imagine you all rolling about laughing thinking I am making this up but I am dead serious!lol :)
Tight lines,
Rich
:g: nope m8,youre seriosness was noted,steve tried pumping a dead thornback on the hour,every hour:kissing:
pervy git,:unsure: he did say it was nice though:giveup:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.