World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
stunning fish,and it doesnt seem to have hampered its life.the bait fish will see that coming a long way off !
cheers rab

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
How absolutely beautiful.
Capable of speeds somewhere near 55mph (I think?) I don't suppose it bothers it being easily seen.
That really is magic. Thanks Jon.
Touch wood someone doesn't stuff it for their wall too fast, as would be good to see it again at 1500lbs.

·
Registered
11,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How absolutely beautiful.
Capable of speeds somewhere near 55mph (I think?) I don't suppose it bothers it being easily seen.
That really is magic. Thanks Jon.
Touch wood someone doesn't stuff it for their wall too fast, as would be good to see it again at 1500lbs.
Not too many people kill them any more - at least out here, anyway. It's far cheaper to use an existing mould, as there have been so many made. When you catch one and it's estimated say at 150 kg, you just contact the people who do the moulds and ask them for one that size. The paint job can be done any colour. If you had a dead fish, they then have to make a new mould and then flop out a cast from that - rather like building boats!
JonD

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Not too many people kill them any more - at least out here, anyway. It's far cheaper to use an existing mould, as there have been so many made. When you catch one and it's estimated say at 150 kg, you just contact the people who do the moulds and ask them for one that size. The paint job can be done any colour. If you had a dead fish, they then have to make a new mould and then flop out a cast from that - rather like building boats!
JonD
I might order one and paint it white, but don't tell my mates!
:clap3:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Cheers for posting Jon, what a fish, lets hope its still out there enjoying life,
Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts