World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The fish were non exsistant for a while. Even a juicy peeler bait was coming back untouched.
But as soon as the tide started coming in my dad got a flounder and then I got 1.
As we're were having to move because of the tide we came across a beautiful looking spot so before we were going to be swamped we had time for 1 cast. Almost instantly me dad gets his first ever bass. Couldn't believe it and then I reeled in a plaice I believe.
Can't believe he caught a bass. He had he's first wrasse last week and now his first bass today.
What a lovely spot we discovered though. Shame we could only have the 1 cast there.
Roll on next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
SOUNDS,like yous have found a canny shot to fish.
will be interested in you next report mind.
ps,welldone on the BASS,DAD.
LOL.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing is we won't be able to fish it very often as it's like 40 miles away.
Not sure where we are going next Sunday as the uncle might be coming so he will probably pick the place as he's been fishing about 40 years.
Doesn't bother me where we go though, I just love to fish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I thought they were but the lightest one in the picture had some orange spots that are hard to see. I'll take your word for it though. I'm not a flattie kinda guy lol

·
Registered
century tip tornado sport. greys apollo mk3. 2 penn fathon 15 reels. 1 penn battle with braid. daiw
480 Posts
nice going there m8. good to see a few fish landed worth the trip out (y)

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
Thanks. I thought they were but the lightest one in the picture had some orange spots that are hard to see. I'll take your word for it though. I'm not a flattie kinda guy lol
Flounders and dabs have feint orange spots. Flounders caught over a dirty bottom go dark [black in the river]. If its been out over clean ground on the coast for a while it will go a light brown with more markings. Thats when you will see the feint orange spots on them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flounders and dabs have feint orange spots. Flounders caught over a dirty bottom go dark [black in the river]. If its been out over clean ground on the coast for a while it will go a light brown with more markings. Thats when you will see the feint orange spots on them.
Ahhh thanks for that, good info I'll remember for next time. Appreciate it 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts