World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my misses lives in Cambridge, and i'm coming down for the long Easter holiday next weekend, and fancy getting out for a bit as its been a while since ive been out! I usually dont mind fishing any kind of mark, but my gf has said she might even come with me! Will more than likely be heading down the A14 towards Ipswich etc, and want to know if anywhere is fishing good at the moment, but that is female friendly, i.e. i can fish from the car, so if she gets bored she can sit in the car and read a book! Or, somewhere thas clean, flat and easy to fish like a pier or jetty?

Will also need some info on where i can get bait from!

Hope you can help,

Thanks in advance guys

SA

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Hi guys, my misses lives in Cambridge, and i'm coming down for the long Easter holiday next weekend, and fancy getting out for a bit as its been a while since ive been out! I usually dont mind fishing any kind of mark, but my gf has said she might even come with me! Will more than likely be heading down the A14 towards Ipswich etc, and want to know if anywhere is fishing good at the moment, but that is female friendly, i.e. i can fish from the car, so if she gets bored she can sit in the car and read a book! Or, somewhere thas clean, flat and easy to fish like a pier or jetty?

Will also need some info on where i can get bait from!

Hope you can help,

Thanks in advance guys

SA
Aldeburgh is usually a fair bet, fishing the "Dirty Wall" (it isn't a wall, it's a long gravelly road running along where the sailing club is, easy to find) is quite easy from the car.
Saxmundham Angling for your bait.
Sorted :)
AL ..

·
Registered
924 Posts
Southwold Pier is quite a good idea. I gather the fishing can be ok, there are some good places to look around , such as, dare I say, shops - some v.expensive!!!! Most importantly shop-wise, there is (was) a tackle shop in the High Street which does (did) sell fresh bait. If it's no longer there then Sax. is the answer. Try Yell.com for tel.nos. of Tackle Shops.
Best of Luck.......................and..................
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Felixstowe, "The Butts". Car Park with toilets in Manor Road right behind the beach. Order your bait from Tackle Up, 15 Bridge Road, Felixstowe IP11 7SL
Tel: 01394 274600.

Stu

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'd go with Paul on this one I think M8.There's shops in the town,a few trinkety type shops on the pier,coffee shop,restaurant's etc etc and somewhere for her to get out of the sun[hopefully]
Southwold tackle shop No is 01502 722085,but it pay's to give them a ring to make sure of your bait.
If you don't fancy the pier you can always try your luck in the harbour,it can always throw up a surprise!!!
Linda at the tackle shop will also give you some good advice on where to fish
Tight Lines and Happy Holiday
Spratty:thumbs: :thumbs: :fishing1:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shops? Shops? Are these the words of the devil? We will be going NO where NEAR any shops when i fish! she is making me go shopping on Saturday, so on friday, she can watch me attempt to catch a fishy!!!:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just a thought M8.Ijust Thought you needed some bait for the Little Lady and some for the fish
Spratty:thumbs: :spiteful: :spiteful:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do, but coffee shops.....restaurants......trinkety shops! she wont be going anywhere near them!!!! I have to go with her when she gets her hair cut :( doesnt she know that men dont like shopping.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts