World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out near dodman point last night.First cast of my float I landed a 1 1/2lb pollack and on my last cast 4 hours later landed a 4lb huss.In total I had 12 pollack up to 1 1/2lb,2 gar around 1 3/4lb,2 dogs about 2lb,a bass about 1lb,a 5lb conger and the huss.

No really great individual fish but I was over the moon with all those species on the last time I will be out for a couple of months as we will have an addition to the family in the next couple of weeks:clap2: :clap2:

Was great to go out andf not have to stumble over half a bin liner of bait wrappers and discarded line!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Went out near dodman point last night.First cast of my float I landed a 1 1/2lb pollack and on my last cast 4 hours later landed a 4lb huss.In total I had 12 pollack up to 1 1/2lb,2 gar around 1 3/4lb,2 dogs about 2lb,a bass about 1lb,a 5lb conger and the huss.

No really great individual fish but I was over the moon with all those species on the last time I will be out for a couple of months as we will have an addition to the family in the next couple of weeks:clap2: :clap2:

Was great to go out andf not have to stumble over half a bin liner of bait wrappers and discarded line!!!
No really great fish... how many 1 3/4lb garfish do you usually have?!!:blink:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

fantastic days fishing mate, I am seriously looking into getting a boat, will keep ya posted on that front
I meant to say, just to the right of THAT mark we fished, I found a rocked ledge at low water, in fact right in front of where you were fishing practically, anyway a day before we left I took Debs down with the kids for a bit of a walk, I found loads of tackle, well... a couple of traces !! one of them had loads of shock leader attached .
Right, so I was walking at the waters edge on the right hand side of that mark and I thought I would just check who deep it was at low water, using the weight and line I had found, I sounded the gully to the right, 18 foot mate at LW, and the drop off was shear faced as well, re the Conger I was thinking, plop a bait just in that area and well who can tell, that was some mark mate, cheers, lips are sealed, secret squirrel, nudge nudge wink wink say no more

FF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts