World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a one day job half a hour drive from Weymouth, so thought it rude not to attempt a fish somewhere on Chesil so packed my rods and seatbox, I made my way to Chesil bait and tackle 77 Portland Road [randomly picked from the internet] where I met the owner. He was full of advice and may I say what a well stocked shop he has, he has the lot! a great selection of everything from LRF gear to continental longrods, and his wall of lures is worth popping in to just take a look at, he has the best selection of lures that I have seen in a long time.

A bit of a tardis this shop, don't be fooled by the shops exterior http://chesilbaitntackle.co.uk/

Anyway armed with some super rag, squid and blacks off I headed over the bridge towards Portland Bill, I parked at the last carpark on the left [6pm] Once over the shingle I was greeted with a force 5 in the face and an angry sea with rafts of weed floating by, hmm not so good then. Longstory short I fished untill 9.45pm before admitting the weather got the better of me, I had a doggy, smoothound pup and a couple of very small whiting.

I will be back! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I had a weeks holiday in Weymouth recently (near Ferrybridge - Wyke Regis), I think it was Chesil bait and Tackle that i used a couple of times during the week. As others say, really helpful in there, well stocked and I got some super rag. Advised me not to fish chesil due to the conditions and suggested a couple of other areas - fished one day under Ferrybridge where the sea goes into the (I think it's called) the Fleet. Had a great Wrasse from there 1lbs 10ozs - probably not big by Dorset standards but coming from Eastbourne, not a fish we catch often in our area.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a weeks holiday in Weymouth recently (near Ferrybridge - Wyke Regis), I think it was Chesil bait and Tackle that i used a couple of times during the week. As others say, really helpful in there, well stocked and I got some super rag. Advised me not to fish chesil due to the conditions and suggested a couple of other areas - fished one day under Ferrybridge where the sea goes into the (I think it's called) the Fleet. Had a great Wrasse from there 1lbs 10ozs - probably not big by Dorset standards but coming from Eastbourne, not a fish we catch often in our area.
i tried under the bridge once after fishing the chesils over night had some bait left ova packed the car up but left the spinning rod out nd floated some rag was great bit of fun

never used these chaps but guna have to give them a try now always used WAC or more recently getting it online but hearing the right up these chaps are getting defiantly guna try them next time im down there ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts