World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m after some advice... Considering getting a Sonik gravity 15 footer however I’m predominantly a multiplier user. Will I be at a disadvantage using this type of rod built for FS? Anyone use these with a multi and able to give an opinion on performance?

I may well get a fixed spool to go with it at some point in the future but for now I will stick with the multi, just want to check it’s not going to negatively effect my fishing or anything like that.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi 2F2F, I use the Sonik HT 15'4 with a Multi. Penn 525 3 and Fathom 2 CS, so far no problem. Keep the cast smooth. All my rods are 3 piece. I cast otg, or when in the water oth side swipe. I have a fixed spool 7000 size ,but have not got round to using it to see wether its better or not!
I´m also a Reel up man. I just like using a Multiplyer, my first was a Penn Seaboy!. Thankfully things have improved since then. My HT will cast 8´oz no probs with a multi. Saying that I`m thinking about buying a Fireblade!
At the end of the day you have to do what works for you. I read an artickle from the Sea Angler about the Sonik 15´4 , you can get away with a small multi!. I have never tryed a Pendulm cast, because I`m not a Grandfather clock.
I hope this helps in someway. Have confidence in your decsion and Bollux
All the Best, 2Balls

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi 2F2F
I have a Gravity HT 15'4 - a lovely rod but it doesn't have many rings (7 in total I think from memory) so I wouldn't recommend a multi personally - I couple mine with either a Surfblaster II 7000 or an Icon FXD 7000 and it seems well balanced. I've tried it with an 8000 surfblaster and an Okuma 8000 and these seem a little heavy because it's such a light rod.
Personal preference of course but usually multi rods have more rings.
Good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts