World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tbh I'm I little fed up of almost everyone slating the soniks, I've got the xtr versions and find them great! Anyone else got the new upgraded ones? How do you find them or am I the only guy who likes them lol ( no comments about the original ones lol)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Tbh I'm I little fed up of almost everyone slating the soniks, I've got the xtr versions and find them great! Anyone else got the new upgraded ones? How do you find them or am I the only guy who likes them lol ( no comments about the original ones lol)

Haven't heard any complaints about rubbish rings or anyone who's managed to snap 3 of them yet...

Just give it time though..:yawn:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Got the XTR 4-6 oz, Yes I have smased two rings, top and 5th, BUT it did bounce off the stand and fall on the shingle.. HOWEVER. I rang Sonik from the beach and arranged for a new section under their warrenty (paid £35.00) and got a new section next day... Sounds an exspensive way to do it, but I now have a spare section after they also supplied the two rings FOC as well.. Good service in my book..

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think they are OK. The bite detection is pretty good. I am not the worlds best caster, but use a 6500 with it and it seems a good match getting reasonable distance. Fairly light to use with a (for me) long and flexible butt section for playing reel down. I must say the sliding reel seat is sometimes a bit wobbly as it moves around the butt, but if packed out or taped would be fine. Personally i think it was a good buy for £130. I know there are centurys and conoflex rods on ebay and this site for around the same price second hand, but for a good starter rod for someone who is just starting out great... so far..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree mate, bite detection is top! Reel seats are always abit all over the place, same of my afaw rod tbh and that cost 200, think the xtr is a great rod, sonik may have just sorted them selves out lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts