World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heard off Afew kids today that sonik have sorted there S... Out. They change the people who were maken there blanks and some of the top caster from around the country have been putting them through there paces. Heard there decent rods for the money.

·
Premium Member
18,120 Posts
George I think they are decent rods for the money, I heard through the grape vine that they had a torrid time with the credit crunch & we're buying in cheaper materials for a while, I believe the issues have been addressed and they are back using decent gear again. I have a sk4 & sks but they don't get much use these days although they have been through their paces, I also bought a sonik 4pc travel rod throwing 100 grams, iv taken it to Norway on numerous occasions & again it's never let me down, to be honest it's been a while since I used that as well possibly two years.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George I think they are decent rods for the money, I heard through the grape vine that they had a torrid time with the credit crunch & we're buying in cheaper materials for a while, I believe the issues have been addressed and they are back using decent gear again. I have a sk4 & sks but they don't get much use these days although they have been through their paces, I also bought a sonik 4pc travel rod throwing 100 grams, iv taken it to Norway on numerous occasions & again it's never let me down, to be honest it's been a while since I used that as well possibly two years.
Aye think your bang on m8 my first rod was sonic rough ground and I love it then got myself a conoflex which like also but about 3wks ago got myself centry kompressor so just use the 3. Thanks for all u advice u been abig help since joined this forum. Been trying to delete the other sonic threads put it on 3times I hopeless with out to do with computers

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had set of sonik nct 14ft for a few years loved them great casting and bite indication.

Great rods for the money.
Yes m8 love the rough ground one just got 4 mth ago, they just brought the surf blaster which has wicked bite detection. But the new one out next surposed be best yet just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I might be completly wrong here so apologies if I am, but didn't the chap who worked magic at Leeda move to Sonic??

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just tried the new sonik gravity surf 15ft 1st time today went fishing today.Boy what a rod !.so.slim and light and powerful.with a beautiful sensitive tip.Although i didnt catch anything.i can see the tip.is very.sensitive but below that this rod has some backbone to.cast real.long distances.
comes in a real.nice bag and.the rod is so well.finished.Just a beautiful.fishing rod.Yep i fully agree.sonik has got it right this time.cant wait to see the new.model.sonik gravify HT -said to be a stiffer tip.!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just tried the new sonik gravity surf 15ft 1st time today went fishing today.Boy what a rod !.so.slim and light and powerful.with a beautiful sensitive tip.Although i didnt catch anything.i can see the tip.is very.sensitive but below that this rod has some backbone to.cast real.long distances.
comes in a real.nice bag and.the rod is so well.finished.Just a beautiful.fishing rod.Yep i fully agree.sonik has got it right this time.cant wait to see the new.model.sonik gravify HT -said to be a stiffer tip.!
Heard there really good but were better to ask then on this forum cheers for your time.

·
Banned
2,348 Posts
Heard off Afew kids today that sonik have sorted there S... Out. They change the people who were maken there blanks and some of the top caster from around the country have been putting them through there paces. Heard there decent rods for the money.
Did you hear it from the kids that make them? As that is just Chinese whispers. ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hello Mal and George thks for that yes ive already seen it in their website it looks.a.cool blue colour cant wait for the release if this gravity surf is so good what more the HT !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.